• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from the vets....

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Biscuit's had his nails clipped. Oh boy did he hate it! But he was a good boy mostly so has a fenugreek crunchie and some parsley for being a good boy :)

Booked Ginger in on Friday to have her stitches removed.

Its a week of vets! 3 times in one week...!

oh lucky you! How do you manage getting them in a carrrier? thats always my worst bit and the thought that one of them will bite the vet :oops:

I got all 4 of mine in the box really quickly yesterday, there was one moment of :shock: when I had got 3 in with one to go and mittens jumped out!

oh lucky you! How do you manage getting them in a carrrier? thats always my worst bit and the thought that one of them will bite the vet :oops:

I got all 4 of mine in the box really quickly yesterday, there was one moment of :shock: when I had got 3 in with one to go and mittens jumped out!

Only Biscuit went. They aren't bonded yet, so took him on his own.

aaah bless Biccie!:)

Why is Ginger having stiches out? ....are they not internal ones? Interested as my girls have just been spayed and Ive not been told about any stiches needing tom come out....there arent any - think they internal....:?:)

Why is Ginger having stiches out? ....are they not internal ones? Interested as my girls have just been spayed and Ive not been told about any stiches needing tom come out....there arent any - think they internal....:?:)

mine had internal stitches then external glueing :wave:

Ginger has some fairly thick black cotton! :shock: Like proper stitches!

Ginger has some fairly thick black cotton! :shock: Like proper stitches!

:shock: I havent had to have stitches out with mine, guess everywhere does it differently though..

p.s I know theyre not bonded yet - but I even struggle catching and getting one in a carrier :oops::lol:

:shock: I havent had to have stitches out with mine, guess everywhere does it differently though..

p.s I know theyre not bonded yet - but I even struggle catching and getting one in a carrier :oops::lol:

Not my vets who did the spay, its the one Starlights uses :?

It took me 15 minutes to get Biscuit in.

I have the destroyed hand with blood to prove it :roll:

Noah had external as well as internal stitches. We removed them ourselves on rescues recommendation (less stressful as didn't have to go to vet). You just have to snip the stitch with some scissors if it is still tied together, and gently pull on one side. Charlee's stitches were disolvable (but as she pulled them out on day 3 it didnt really matter :roll::lol:).

I dread the day when Noah has to go to the vets - getting him in the carrier would be an absolute nightmare. Like Biscuit, he hates being held.

Our two are nightmare to get into the carrier!!!
Takes ages as well... :roll::lol:

Two bunnies conspiring against you is very tricky :lol:

Fingers crossed they won't be heading to the vets again for a year until their next vac.

I'm beginning to feel very smug about getting mine into their carriers! ;) :lol::lol::lol: The only problem I'm having is carrying the 15kg of rabbits! :shock:

Did the vet show you how to do Biscuits nails yourself....or is that not possible?

Good luck to Ginger. Mine have all had glue or dissolveable stitches (as well as the internal ones) but I guess each vet is different. :)

I'm beginning to feel very smug about getting mine into their carriers! ;) :lol::lol::lol: The only problem I'm having is carrying the 15kg of rabbits! :shock:

Did the vet show you how to do Biscuits nails yourself....or is that not possible?

Good luck to Ginger. Mine have all had glue or dissolveable stitches (as well as the internal ones) but I guess each vet is different. :)

She did, but she said 'good luck if you do try, he's a slippery little handsome devil' :roll: he bit the vet, scratched her and me to pieces, then proceeded to hop around the table afterwards to evade capture :lol: I'd rather pay the £6.70 to let her do it!

She's going in on Friday to do it. Vet isn't going to charge me to have them removed :love: love my vet. If he thinks she's recovered enough, which she says by the sounds of her, she is, she's going to have her VHD jab at the same time, then give her a week or so to recover...then...:shock: scaredy me time!

Spenser's nails are definitely a vet job. I had to help her hold him down last time. She only charged a fiver! :lol:

Me too (well apart from the 15kg bit as they weight less than 3kg put together :lol::lol:). Although Alfie and Bubbles will probably read this and play up next time. :roll: :lol:

Spenser's nails are definitely a vet job. I had to help her hold him down last time. She only charged a fiver! :lol:

That's a fiver well spent I'd say. :lol::lol:

My vet charges a fortune (£16 I think per bun :shock:) so I've always done them myself - usually I beg Lou (Louise and Gus) to come round and help but myself and dd did the job a couple of weeks ago all by ourselves. :D And we managed not to cut any toes off too.....

omg, my Zeke, he HATES his nails being cut! our vet hates cutting his nails I think, he never says, but I could just imagine him thinking "oh god, no, not that little terror Zeke again!! arghhhh!" but he coes over him and Zeke licks his nose! :love: Then the nail cutting commences and Zeke changes then. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back