• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where did the word 'Binky' come from?

Ive been saying it for so long now its become part of my vocab but when i said it to a friend the other day she was like 'wha?' When she asked why its called a binky i realised i have no idea! X

I wondered too....we did say "Bunny-Bounce"....but then I thought I was saying the wong thing...but most people I know go "what?":?:lol::lol:

I used to say "that funny sideways hoppety skip jump" :lol: I think its an American term origonally. When I joined RU I started using binky and have ever since.

I have no idea, I thought there was something wrong with sooty when she first did it - until I came on here!!

I just called them 'happy jumps' before I came on RU. I hadn't heard of binky before then!
I'd love to know where it came from...

I don't know why but I can't stand the word binky, it sounds daft.:shock:

I always just called them a happy bounce or a happy hop, I mind when we first got Roly and he did it a few times we thought he'd been stung by something or had brain damage.

I think I used to call it a 'sideways hop' and 'crazy hop' before. Its just easier to say binky.

Ask Jeeves says a Binky is when your bun has a "mad moment":lol:

But a Binki is a male fetish of licking another males nipples:shock:

So don't get confused.:lol:

We call it 'doing ballet', because it's like jumping in the air and doing a little pirouette (sp?) we had never heard of 'binky' (until I joined RU) I think 'binky' sounds cute though!!

Back