• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New non-piggy resident at Little Brambles Guinea Pig Rescue

summerleaze

Warren Scout
DSC03060480x360.jpg

This is Scooter aged just over 6 years.

I adopted him a few weeks ago and he is settling in beautifully, I'm really enjoying getting to know him.

I haven't had my own rabbits for several years though have rescued and rehomed a few through the piggy rescue. I've often had friends rabbits to stay whilst on holiday too.

I popped into a local Animal Shelter to catch up with some friends and naiively thought I would go and "browse" the bunnies!! I was so sad to see so many bunnies in need of homes, babies too of course. I know only too well how hard it is to find homes for the seniors too. :cry:

Anyway, this gorgeous boy had arrived the week before as an emergency intake. I simply couldn't help but fall in love with him and offered to take him home. (Strangely enough I had a spare carrier in the car too!!)

So here he is - our new permanent resident and what a fabulous fella he is too. He seems happier this week and is now looking out for me. I've discovered his love of plantain too - have loads here fortunately! He really is a pleasure to look after and makes it all very easy for me - bless him.

He's had his vet check this week and was such a good boy with his vaccs.

I will see how he settles regards getting him a friend but for now I'm enjoying being a proper rabbit mum ;) not just a foster mum ;)

DSC03030480x360.jpg

The hens gave him a very warm welcome.

He enjoys stretching out under the apple trees and eating a few fallen leaves.

He does have perfect manners though and is never greedy. :D

aww hes beautiful :love: good on you for adopting a senior boy im sure he will be very happy especially with all that plantain to nom :D

Scooter's gorgeous! :love:

I adopted an older bun earlier in the year. My dutchie. She's eight at the beginning of next year. The RSPCA said she'd had quite a bit of interest but as soon as people found out her age, they picked a younger bun. :(

Scooter's gorgeous! :love:

I adopted an older bun earlier in the year. My dutchie. She's eight at the beginning of next year. The RSPCA said she'd had quite a bit of interest but as soon as people found out her age, they picked a younger bun. :(

That's very sad. I'm sure I would have fallen in love with either Cloud or Scooter at first sight. :love:

Back