• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Boarding/Bonding fee

Charlotte333

Warren Scout
Please can I have your suggestions on how much bonding/boarding fee I should give when my four rabbits go away to be bonded for 5 nights/6 days.

Any help would be appreciated:D:D:D

I don't charge for bonding and am grateful for any donation forthcoming.

If you wanted to base it on boarding fees then something between £5-8pn would be normal.

If someone gave me £20 I would be delighted as that pays for a vaccination for a rescue bun.

Last edited:
we paid £20 for our 2 for 7 days boarding when we went on our hols end of august. I thought that was very reasonable, and the place and couple in charge were very nice.

She also rescuses so thats where the money goes.

Does the stay include an adoption fee, or are all the rabbits already yours? If I hadn't paid an adoption fee, I think I'd be inclined to give a bit more for the bonding and boarding

Thanks for everyone replies:D:D

They are all my rabbits. I'm taking food, veg etc. I was thinking of around £60-£80 but I wasn't sure:D

Last edited:
My local boarding place charges £4.50 for 2 rabbits sharing a hutch and £5.00 per day for 3 sharing a hutch (there's no mention on their website about 4 sharing or bonding or anything).

Hope that helps

Jo x

I might be missing something here. In which case, please forgive my ignorance.:oops:

I thought that the 'going rate' for boarding was £5-8/rabbit/day.

Assuming that the rabbits are kept apart initially:

4 rabbits x 5 days x £5 = £100.

Reduced as they bond.

Plus the "danger money" for bonding.

I'm not trying to push the cost up.

Maybe the rescues (that offer bonding) are missing a potential source of income here?

I might be missing something here. In which case, please forgive my ignorance.:oops:

I thought that the 'going rate' for boarding was £5-8/rabbit/day.

Assuming that the rabbits are kept apart initially:

4 rabbits x 5 days x £5 = £100.

Reduced as they bond.

Plus the "danger money" for bonding.

I'm not trying to push the cost up.

Maybe the rescues (that offer bonding) are missing a potential source of income here?

I think the main reason some rescues/people don't ask for money to bond is because they don't want to put people off and are doing it because they want to see rabbits have company.

We often bond rabbits for people and we don't ask for money - I enjoy doing it and it's a great opportunity for me to offer advice to people at the same time :)

I think the main reason some rescues/people don't ask for money to bond is because they don't want to put people off and are doing it because they want to see rabbits have company.

We often bond rabbits for people and we don't ask for money - I enjoy doing it and it's a great opportunity for me to offer advice to people at the same time :)

Exactly this. Agree with Erin.

Most people who are bringing their own bunnies for bonding are surprised that we don't ask for anything but normally gift us a donation anyway.

If we are bonding in order that someone adopts one of our rabbits then only the adoption fee is payable and if someone wishes to gift more than our minimum then that's always a bonus.

As far as charging boardiing for bonding bunnies, that might make taking longer over a bonding look like you are trying to make money by keeping the rabbits longer than necessary. We always keep the bonding buns in for a week to be sure that they are happy so that would make it look bad against those who only keep bunnies in for a couple of days maximum.

Depends what kind of accomadation:)

Heather and Bart boarded at a rescue for 2weeks, price - £90(ish) housing - shed with free range time when people were at the rescue :D

I personally would make a donation if they were going to be bonded aswell :wave:

Our local small animal boarding charges £3 per night (£5 for sharing).
I'd give anything for our two males to be bonded by a good rescue place, but there are none near me.:(

Back