• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nervous about tomorrow...U/D Home and happy!

Sayrah82

Alpha Buck
Mac and Albie are going in for their operations in the morning. I know I shouldn't be but I'm really nervous about it!

I'm going to set up a pen in my bedroom for them tonight so they can be inside when I bring them home tomorrow evening and I think that'll be the quietest place, we live in a little terraced house, so we have to walk though all the downstairs rooms to get anywhere. How long should I keep them inside for?

Any tips and general calming me down about it vibes would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Sarah.x

Last edited:
I think its understandable that you're nervous. It would be weirder if you weren't :lol:

Keep yourself super busy so you don't have time to sit and think.

I would keep them in at least fo 48 hours but I've found it really depends on the bunnies, after the initial 24 hours some recover so much better outside, some need to be inside for longer.

Hiya Sarah, is it their neutering ops they're going in for? If it is, I can tell you that my little rascal might as well have had an energy injection for all it bothered him! I had trouble trying to keep him calm and confined like a good little patient should be :lol:

I think Neutering is quicker recovery than a spay. My girls have just been spayed and I will be keeping them confined for 10 days....with sofa cuddles...though Indiana laready jumped out and ran away!:roll:
They seem happy to rest most of the time though & when I see they getting bored & fuss them & pop in some more hay & apple leaves, herbs & twigs for them to chew on...just to keep them occupied.

Neuter op may heal quicker but I would have thought a good 5 days....
Perhaps some more guidance will come along - just need to make sure no wounds re-open, no seeping & no straw etc sharp stuff to cause infection. You can put hay into toilet rolls....

Ive found puppy pads really useful tooo- though make sure they dont eat them!

Lotsa calm vibes & make sure you come home with pain relief for the buns!:D

Yes SkegMag, it is for their neuters - lol, sounds like your lad was a handful!

Thanks everyone for your posts, really nice to have some reassurance. No one at work quite gets it!

I'm sat in my lean-to with them running about at the mo. I think it just feels weird because I can't explain to them about tomorrow. Seeing them so happy running about makes me feel so guilty for putting them through GA, even though I know its for the best! Silly bunny mummy :roll:

S.x

Boys are now at the vets and having their ops this afternoon. Thank goodness I've got a busy day at work to distract me from all the worrying!!

Vibes for straight-forward ops and lots of post-op nomming please!!

S.x

Just spoken to the vets, they're both very dopey, but ops were successful and they're alright - phew! As soon as they came round from the GA they were straight onto food apparently!! Greedy bunsters :lol: :D

Just spoken to the vets, they're both very dopey, but ops were successful and they're alright - phew! As soon as they came round from the GA they were straight onto food apparently!! Greedy bunsters :lol: :D

Glad all went well for them :)

hope they recover quickly....:love:
My two girls were kept indoors for 2 days and 2 nights, as one wasnt eating and looked very sorry for herself. :(
I felt awful.... but 6 days later and they are now absolutely back to normal:D
Fingers crossed for you that they are back to themselves soon:love:

Back