• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dad, is it breakfast time now?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Came down this morning, a little later than normal, the pair of them were up the pen panels, Biscuit in his normal cute fashion, paws on the 3rd horizonal bar up, nose poking out just sat there waiting.

Ginger however, first day she's done this since she's been here, decided to periscope, put her front paws on the bars, back feet in her water bowl, climbed the pen :shock: and then very promptly fell backwards. She was only an inch off the ground, but she's just so clumsy!

Breakfast Pics...

IMG00243-20101006-0815.jpg

IMG00244-20101006-0816.jpg

IMG00245-20101006-0825.jpg

IMG00246-20101006-0826.jpg

IMG00247-20101006-0826.jpg

IMG00248-20101006-0826.jpg

IMG00249-20101006-0827.jpg

That's Ginger's first piece of carrot too :love: it was the tiny piece from the thin end of the carrot, so it wasn't too big. She seems to have a stomach of steel, nothing she's had so far has affected her tummy. So far, Spring Greens, Carrot, Tiny piece of Broccoli and a tiny piece of Parsley! Bless her :love:

It was really nice to see them eating together in the morning, first time since i moved the card away so they could see each other at the 'food' area.

Sorry for bad quality of pics, taking on my Blackberry as camera was upstairs.

Aren't they cute?

They are veerrrryyy cute!!

Bet you can't wait until you have them bonded and running around together causing totaly mayhem! :love: :love:

Lovely pics, hurrah for the blackberry being handy! :D

Ginger and Biscuit need to give Spenser nomming lessons. He is still very suspicious of carrot. I found him this morning tucking in to a piece of thick cardboard I'd added to his favourite corner of the under-run as added insulation. :roll:

Ginger and Biscuit need to give Spenser nomming lessons. He is still very suspicious of carrot. I found him this morning tucking in to a piece of thick cardboard I'd added to his favourite corner of the under-run as added insulation. :roll:

:lol::roll::lol:

Thats how Biccy was when he first had new foods. He loves cardboard, chews on it so much, keeps his little teefers in check, so i dont mind :)

Ginger doesn't do cardboard yet :shock:

Thats how Biccy was when he first had new foods. He loves cardboard, chews on it so much, keeps his little teefers in check, so i dont mind :)

Ginger doesn't do cardboard yet :shock:

Just be careful he doesn't eat any Gray :)

:love:

They are going to just make the most gorgeous pair.

Wish won't eat anything sugary but anything green disappears instantly.

They're a funny bunch.

What lucky rabbits! Are they curious of each other? Look forward to seeing some photos of the two of them playing once theyre bonded!

Just be careful he doesn't eat any Gray :)

he never eats it, just leaves it in a neat little pile infront of where he's been chewing :lol:

Although he has eaten a couple of loo rolls :shock: i put them in for him to play with stuffed with hay and a treat in the middle and by the time i come back, not 30 minutes later, the whole thing was gone :roll:

he never eats it, just leaves it in a neat little pile infront of where he's been chewing :lol:

Although he has eaten a couple of loo rolls :shock: i put them in for him to play with stuffed with hay and a treat in the middle and by the time i come back, not 30 minutes later, the whole thing was gone :roll:

:shock: Blimey :shock: Hopefully once he has Ginger to snuggle and play with he'll leave the cardboard stuff be!! :lol:

:love:

They are going to just make the most gorgeous pair.

Wish won't eat anything sugary but anything green disappears instantly.

They're a funny bunch.

:love: i hope they will. Had no growling at all last night / today, he seems to be accepting her into his territory more.

Do you think that's cause of Wish's poorly teeth Sky?

Ginger wasn't sure about the carrot - i put it in there, with her spring greens and she sniffed the carrot, stamped, ran off to her litter tray, ate some hay and came back and then the close up photo was the result :roll: these litters really do have odd little quirks eh?

She demolishes spring greens also!

What lucky rabbits! Are they curious of each other? Look forward to seeing some photos of the two of them playing once theyre bonded!

Biscuit is a bit territorial, so was growling and lunging at Ginger through the pen bars, so we're not allowing that any more as i dont want her to get hurt, so theres always 6 inches between them or more now.

But Ginger, the first morning she came out to stretch her legs, just went up to Biscuit through the pen and sniffed him, at which point he attacked but she was fine, she even came back to do it again so we had to stop it.

Biccy has licked her through the bars so im hoping its all good :)

:love: i hope they will. Had no growling at all last night / today, he seems to be accepting her into his territory more.

Do you think that's cause of Wish's poorly teeth Sky?

Ginger wasn't sure about the carrot - i put it in there, with her spring greens and she sniffed the carrot, stamped, ran off to her litter tray, ate some hay and came back and then the close up photo was the result :roll: these litters really do have odd little quirks eh?

She demolishes spring greens also!

Ha ha, bless her. It obviously passed her test.

No, Her diet is nothing to do with her teeth, and vice versa. My suspicion is that rabbits know what they need and the average rabbit of mine tends to choose fresh greens over sugary when they don't feel 100% and given Wish lives on Metacam she can't feel 100% and I think she favours fresh greens for that reason. They get a massive plate of grass and parsley each day which she just loves.

Ha ha, bless her. It obviously passed her test.

No, Her diet is nothing to do with her teeth, and vice versa. My suspicion is that rabbits know what they need and the average rabbit of mine tends to choose fresh greens over sugary when they don't feel 100% and given Wish lives on Metacam she can't feel 100% and I think she favours fresh greens for that reason. They get a massive plate of grass and parsley each day which she just loves.

As long as she's happy eating i guess thats the main thing. I didn't realise she lived on metacam :( Poor liccle Wish.

I'm afraid Spenser does eat some of his cardboard. :shock: I must try to think of another way of keeping the wind out of his favourite corner. There are of course plenty cosier nooks of the hutch, but he doesn't seem to like them as much. :roll:

Back