• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

getting rid of spiders in sheds?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
while the buns are being bonded at fat fluffs I'm renovating their shed and have come across so many MASSIVE spiders and webs that I don't know what to do with. I don't want to kill the spiders because I think it's unneccessary, but to get rid of the webs, it seems like I have to kill the spiders as well...

What do you do?

while the buns are being bonded at fat fluffs I'm renovating their shed and have come across so many MASSIVE spiders and webs that I don't know what to do with. I don't want to kill the spiders because I think it's unneccessary, but to get rid of the webs, it seems like I have to kill the spiders as well...

What do you do?[/
QUOTE]

Dont go in the shed!!! I would be terrified so couldnt go in there!

I'm trying something out at the moment. I read the other day that spiders hate citrus, so I made up a spray with about 20 drops of orange essential oil to 500 ml water, and have sprayed it round all the small gaps in the house (window frames, doors etc). Time will tell if it deters the 'orrible critters!

Get the hoover to the webs. It won't get rid of the spiders there are a few big ones in my playhouse but I like them as they kill flies.

i NEVER kill spiders ...they eat the nasties ... id love lots of spiders in my hutches/sheds / runs ...

perhaps i should set up a spider rescue :D

Though I HATE them -I leave them and their webs alone as they catch/ eat the nasty flies :mrgreen:

Why do you want to get rid of spiders?
I talk to mine as if they were pets.:shock:
I have seen my bunnies eating spider web, maybe its a natural part of their diet in the wild.:?

Back