• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can bunnies eat polos?

Evangeline

Warren Veteran
Or are they harmful?
Not that I would purposely give Pierre one but hes just stolen a packet of Polos and run away with them :lol: Its cute but just checking he isn't going to die.
Why do they always eat stuff thats bad for them :roll:

My two ate a packet of chewing gum between them (it was in my handbag which was on top of the kitchen counter). I had to take them to the vet and give them laxatives for four days in case it caused a blockage :roll:

I know that doesn't help you but, while it's not ideal for them, I guess it wouldn't cause too much of a problem because the polo can be chewed up before swallowing?

I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along in a moment to tell me that I'm wrong :p If you're really concerned though, give your vet a call :)

no idea on polos but our 2 seem to want to eat anything we have apart from meaty stuff obviously. but anything from sweets to crisps to popadums, you name it they beg for it!

was reading a food guide and saw that chocolate is poison to rabbits is that because its milk? also ours eat cucumber and occasionaly green beans if we have them but there was no mention of either as a good or bad thing? wouldhave thought cucumber good because its basically crunchy water

Mine have eaten some or part of a polo before. No ill side effects, but its sooooooooooooo bad for their tummy because of all the sugar.

Thanks for all your replies.
He's done it before, hes so naughty. I get home from work and put my bag that is buttoned closed down and rest for 5 mins before hes digging his way in. Usually its my headphones but this time it was my polos. Then I moved them and put them in my pocket and he managed to get them :lol:

He knows full well he's being naughty or why else as soon as he has them he runs away under the bed with the packet in his mouth :roll:
I think he had about one, so I gave him loads of hay last night to help the process along.
I thought cucumber was ok for buns, it is mostly made out of water :)

My two ate a packet of chewing gum between them (it was in my handbag which was on top of the kitchen counter). I had to take them to the vet and give them laxatives for four days in case it caused a blockage :roll:

I know that doesn't help you but, while it's not ideal for them, I guess it wouldn't cause too much of a problem because the polo can be chewed up before swallowing?

I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along in a moment to tell me that I'm wrong :p If you're really concerned though, give your vet a call :)

Chewing gum :roll:
Bunnies chew for ages how did they manage to swallow it and not chew forever? Naughty buns but we love them so much though :love: which probably doesn't help, they know they can get away with anything :lol:

I think I did try it but he either didn't like it or it gave him really soft poo. Maybe it was too strong for him

Back