• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help she's eaten lemon peel U/D and CHEWING GUM

Coineanach

Wise Old Thumper
As title. I turned my back for a whole ten seconds and she's munched a massive amount of peel. Had a search but all I can find is a million references to lemon balm and lemon thyme, not ruddy lemon PEEL.

My rabbit is broken.

Last edited:
My Grandad used to give his rabbit's whole oranges (this was a long time ago! :shock:) and they were always fine. I don't think citrus peel is poisonous but it might give O a bit of a tummy ache I guess.

That's not very helpful is it?! :oops::lol:

I think as a one off, buns can eat an awful lot of stupid things. I know one of mine managed to eat a bit of rubber plant leaf, and he was OK. Just dont offer anything new for a few days.

Obviously, just check eating and pooing as normal.

Don't you just love them:roll:

My buns once got and demolished a leather wallet :roll:
ooh and once they hate half of the bag containing their food!

I wouldn't worry too much about it hun :)

Thanks all. She's being her usual grumpy self this morning so she must be fine :roll:

My buns once got and demolished a leather wallet :roll:
ooh and once they hate half of the bag containing their food!

I wouldn't worry too much about it hun :)

She's eaten a large chunk out of my leather handbag before...I was not impressed. :evil:

Thanks all. She's being her usual grumpy self this morning so she must be fine :roll:

She's eaten a large chunk out of my leather handbag before...I was not impressed. :evil:

And i thought they were vegetarians!! :lol::lol:

Shes eaten chewing gum :shock::shock:

Wierdly someonejust mentioned in another thread that their buns had eaten a whole pack of chewing gum and had to be on laxatives for a few days xxx

This is what another member has just on a different thread said about her two attacking a packet :)

My two ate a packet of chewing gum between them (it was in my handbag which was on top of the kitchen counter). I had to take them to the vet and give them laxatives for four days in case it caused a blockage :roll:

I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along in a moment to tell me that I'm wrong :p If you're really concerned though, give your vet a call :)

Shes eaten chewing gum :shock::shock:

Wierdly someonejust mentioned in another thread that their buns had eaten a whole pack of chewing gum and had to be on laxatives for a few days xxx

Oh god. I phoned the vets, they just said to keep an eye on her. Can you point me towards the thread?

I had a rabbit that ate a handle from a plastic bag... I kept an eye on him and he was fine.

She's eaten an awful lot of stupid things...I'm just worried about the thought of it blocking up her insides, I suppose it shouldn't more than anything else right?

Let's add to the list shall we? Since the chewing gum escapade, she's eaten;

Socks
Raw potato
Raw onion
Extra Strong mints, including wrapper
Plastic bag
Andrew's work bag
My important health docs. including a PPC
Speaker wires

ARGH

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

im sorry ...i know its not realy funny :oops: :oops: :oops::roll:

:)lol:)

I'm sure it's hilarious to everyone else :roll: Just not when I pull my socks on to find a hole, right in the heel. She's got a knack for chewing things in the most annoying place :roll:

She's also figured out that if she jumps up on the sofa she can wriggle down behind the fridge where we've blocked it off...but can't get back out again. However this fails to stop her doing it again, and again, and again.....

Back