• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lewis is being neutered tomorrow!!

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
What do I need to do? The vets haven't told me anything :/

Do I take his food along tomorrow? How do I care for him after?

So many questions :lol: How long will it take for him to recover?

I feel quite worried :shock:

Feed him as normal. Take different kinds of his fav food to the vets and his water bottle. Keep him warm over night and watch to make sure he eats, drinks, pees and poos! In my experience with Benson - he should be getting back to normal in a matter of hours. :wave:

All the best!

Feed him as normal. Take different kinds of his fav food to the vets and his water bottle. Keep him warm over night and watch to make sure he eats, drinks, pees and poos! In my experience with Benson - he should be getting back to normal in a matter of hours. :wave:

All the best!

All the best!

Perfect advice there from bensonlola. The most important thing is to get him eating and drinking immediately after he comes round. Watch closely for urine and pellets afterwards to make sure his system is working as it should. Offering him his favourites should help :)

My little lad is going in to be neutered on Thursday and I'm already a nervous wreck thinking about it! Here's hoping everything goes swimmingly for Lewis. I'll be popping back to this thread to see how he gets on *vibes*

Louie was back to his normal self by the time I picked him up from the vets!

Make sure his hay goes in a rack for the first few days so it doesn't stick to his wound. Puppy pads or towels are good on the floor of the pen.

Also, check the wound several times a day to make sure he hasn't disturbed it.

Good luck!

I was told to use soft bedding (fleece blanket or carefresh or similar) until the wounds had healed.

I had 4 boys done at once. 3 were right as rain within hours, but 1 went into Stasis, so watch out that he continues eating (the vet should keep him there until he's eating and pooping again).

If he's an outdoor bun then keep him indoors overnight as GA effects the boody temperature.

And ask the vet for pain relief for use at home.

Hope all goes well :wave:

Thanks guys :wave:

Just brought him home, the vet said he didn't want to eat. But he's eating now he's home :D He looks fine but reallyyyy tired!

He's an indoor bun, but we're taking him upstairs with us tonight, to make sure he's ok :)

Just brought him home, the vet said he didn't want to eat. But he's eating now he's home

Alot of buns are like that. Its one of the reasons why unless its a real real emergancy I'd rather have buns at home and syringe feed them myself as I find the unfamilar vets only stresses them more.

Alot of buns are like that. Its one of the reasons why unless its a real real emergancy I'd rather have buns at home and syringe feed them myself as I find the unfamilar vets only stresses them more.

:D He's been munching on parsley, mint, brussel leaves and spring greens! And when he heard me opening a treat, he sprung up off his fleece :love:

He's nearly back to his normal self... he's just done about 20 poops outside his cage onto his rug :lol: :censored: he never used to do this before we moved house a week ago :?

Perfect advice there from bensonlola. The most important thing is to get him eating and drinking immediately after he comes round. Watch closely for urine and pellets afterwards to make sure his system is working as it should. Offering him his favourites should help :)

My little lad is going in to be neutered on Thursday and I'm already a nervous wreck thinking about it! Here's hoping everything goes swimmingly for Lewis. I'll be popping back to this thread to see how he gets on *vibes*

Good luck with Thurs! :)

Lewis has been for his post-op check today, and the vet was suprised at how good his wound looked for saying he only had it done on Wed :) She also said that they usually do another check in a few weeks time, but that he looked fine so it was up to me whether to take him or not... is it usual to take your buns for another check?

:wave:

Back