• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed !!

Mandxx

Warren Scout
Went out to feed the rabbits and Peter was on the same side as Peaches!! He was neutered 2 weeks ago only and now im in a panic!
Have searched everywhere and the only way I can see him getting in is over the divider I have put up, so have made that higher now.
I was making dinner and feeding kids so they could have been together for almost an hour, had checked before hand and they were both were they should have been.
I'm worried now though whats the chances she could be pregnant? Should I phone vet for an early spay ( she is booked in for end of Nov ).

Any advice would be great

Really you just have to wait and see. Hopefully he won't be fertile anymore but you really can't be sure about these things. Just seperate them and monitor Peaches for the next month or so just to check she isn't pregnant.

Helen xx

If the divider is made of mesh then rabbits are very good at climbing - have seen baby nethies (10 weeks old and tiny) climb 3 foot high mesh :shock:

Really you just have to wait and see. Hopefully he won't be fertile anymore but you really can't be sure about these things. Just seperate them and monitor Peaches for the next month or so just to check she isn't pregnant.

Helen xx

Oh eck so worried esp with winter coming and they are outdoor bunnies.

Thanks for replying:)

If the divider is made of mesh then rabbits are very good at climbing - have seen baby nethies (10 weeks old and tiny) climb 3 foot high mesh :shock:

:shock::shock::shock:

Well ive made it taller now with a wooden panel so hopefully that will stop anymore flits!
I guess at least I know tey should bond easy!!:roll:

She is 14weeks was thinking that myself will ring them in the morning.

What age is he? I think, someone told me that the younger they are the quicker the op works as the hormones havent been going round their bodies for too long. Not sure if this was correct advice. I do know that the op stopped Bensons 'urges' towards Lola literly overnight - he was 16 weeks.

I think its important to discuss it with a vet too. Hopefully she is too young for him right now.

Back