• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do bunnys mimic another bunnys behaviour?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Ginger has taken to copying Biscuit today.

If he eats, she eats. If he washes, she washes. If he drinks, she drinks.

If he lays down at an angle....

P1020286.jpg

P1020288.jpg

Yup, you guessed it...she lays down at an angle.

Is this common behaviour?

I know one sign of bonded bunnies is that they copy what the other is doing. :D Seems like a very good sign.

VERY cute! George and Fifi do tend to copy one another, they are particularly well synchronised when it comes to washing themselves.

When they snuggle together they go symmetrical sometimes too :love:

My buns do...they learn from each other...when I got Bella she wasn't a good hay eater....when I got Oscar he was and I saw a huge difference in her intake, he wasn't toilet trained but learnt from Bella :D....now we have Dolly she too is well litter trained no help from me :D only had her a month....they all get up to mischief though...but can be very positive outcome.

I think that they do Trev was a non digger until we got Bailey who loved it :roll:
i often went into the garage to finds them both going at the carpet behind the sofa :lol:

:lol: Yes! Wish and Autumn act like two halves of the same coin a lot of the time like this. I think its luscious.

They look so beautiful together. She just needs to loppy her ear.

Deffinately. Jazmine has become a digger. Poppets getting less lazy and now binkies and runs around the room. If Jaz is playing with a toy, Poppet wants to play with it. Although I think thats more her being selfish and wanting all the toys, even tho she isnt bothered about playing with them!

definately with mine - what one bun must do both will do...

Its actually slightly odd when they are off doing seperate things

yes i think so.
If you have a confident bun and a shy bun, you bond them together, the shy rabbit learns from the confident one that you are not a threat and are interesting, so they become less shy if you.

I know when i took my lad to his first rabbit jumping comp, he improved alot while we were there as he was watching the other more experianced rabbits jumping

Yes i think its quite possible, when i took charlie on he wasnt litter trained and he wouldnt eat hay and i swear he has copied grace. xxx

Ps biscuit and ginger are gorgeous! xxx

Aww! I've seen this with my two as well :) Unfortunately Bella seems to have taught Boris some of her bad habits as well. Like not using the litter tray :roll:

Mine do the same things too.. If Indy goes somewhere naughty Luna does, If Luna poo's on the floor Indy does. Why can't they copy each other on the nice things..

I know Jill often says that she likes a timid buns to go with a human confident bun as it can really help the timid one so I guess the answer is yes :D

Ginger & Biccy are :love::love:

Back