• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They supposed to be resting!

chelle

Warren Veteran
Indiana last night jumped straight out of the recover cage they are in at the moment! Just shocking - I know they can both jump really high - but they just had their spays!:shock:
She just pinged right out and then sat there eating some nuggets left over from earlier....luckily I conned her into the carrier & then sat with her for a snuggle on the sofa before she had enough - bit my belt and hopped back into the carrier - so I put her back in with Arrabella!

So - now I make sure the lid is down...mind you - its the first time & I was sitting right there....oooooh dear and its only day 4 today!:lol::roll:

Racking my brain to give them things to chew play with that wont upset their wounds....they ate half the toilet roll holder last night - it was squished intot he cage bars & this morning it was eaten & hay was everywhere...:roll:

Goodness, what a shock you must have got! :shock: Glad it all ended well. How long are they supposed to be 'resting' for?

yeah a reply to my random thread!:lol::lol::lol:

i think they need to rest for up to 10 days. They have had their 3 day post op check - so they check the wound is sealed and not weeping etc. The 10 day post-op check will be to make sure the main suctures have healed well...so the muscles thewmeslves not just the skin cut.

I was abit surprised & panicked for a second...but then though "honeslty Indiana was named so well! My little escapee and adventurer!" :lol::lol::love:

lol, I told you (on your other thread) you'd be worrying for a different reason!! Mine was jumping up high on the second day, I was shocked!! It doesn't feel like it but 10 days will zoom by!

put pellets and tiny bits of veg into treat balls, should keep them busy without them needing to be running about?
Hope they settle down soon:D

lol, I told you (on your other thread) you'd be worrying for a different reason!! Mine was jumping up high on the second day, I was shocked!! It doesn't feel like it but 10 days will zoom by!

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah - they days are wizzing by!

put pellets and tiny bits of veg into treat balls, should keep them busy without them needing to be running about?
Hope they settle down soon:D

Thank you!:wave:
I just bought one to try & help keep them entertained....and they pushed it into the waterbowl and when I came back to check them all the nuggets had swollen up & got stuck! :roll::lol::lol::lol:
Soooo back to rosemary branches - well small ones & apple twigs and hay hay hay! :D

Back