• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Twig, Noodle and Lucy..... advice and vibes please

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Hi,

doing my 3 way bond today beacuause My OH and our shifts have fallen so that they can be supervised almost constantly for the next few days....

Can I have some tips and advice please:

Oh is taking them on a car journey together- whilst I neutralise the area they will be bonding in...

Getting the water sprayer ready for fights..

the thing I worry about is that Lucy tried to hump them both last time- i know there will be a power struggle - do I let the humping happen? or keep stopping it? and do i let chasing happen???

what do people tolerate on here- last time Lucy humped twiglet for about 5 seconds twig turned and went to attack her and bit me instead... but it was a nasty bite she meant it.........

Tips please?

Thanks x

Ooh i'll be watching this like a hawk as im going to be bonding a trio next week. Scary isnt it?!
So is it a bonded paor being bonded with a single? What sexes are they?
Personally i would allow a few nips but if the other one retaliatwd aggressively id stop it before it turned into a full scale fight. Im expecting a power struggle with 2 of mine aswell so my plan is just pereseverance and hope that they eventually get bored of going for eachother and settle down!
Good luck :wave:

Good luck!

I wouldn't suggest using a water sprayer because that tends to add more stress.

If she humps then let it continue as long as there is no fighting, same with chasing. I also tend to stop humping if the bunny is on the wrong end to prevent any accidental injuries (such as bites). If it looks like the other bunny does not like it, just stop them, calmly, and then let them go. If they start to fight then Janice says to separate them (not from the bonding area, just out of the fight), hold them calmly there for about 10 seconds and then release.

Hopefully after a car journey it won't be too bad at the start and they will settle nicely.

Ooh i'll be watching this like a hawk as im going to be bonding a trio next week. Scary isnt it?!
So is it a bonded paor being bonded with a single? What sexes are they?
Personally i would allow a few nips but if the other one retaliatwd aggressively id stop it before it turned into a full scale fight. Im expecting a power struggle with 2 of mine aswell so my plan is just pereseverance and hope that they eventually get bored of going for eachother and settle down!
Good luck :wave:

Well Twig and Noodle were bonded but i split them up after they had a fight out of the blue- they have been apart for two weeks whilst noodle recovered.

I have attempted to bond Lucy with them in the past when i first got her but had to seperate when i fond out she was pregnant (i bought her pregnant)

All 3 are girls approx 12 months old.

thats the 3 on the last attempt

Photo0182.jpg

As mummy to a single bunny, I can only send vibes, but plenty of them heading in your direction. :wave:

its begun.... they are in the cage and in the car and they already fur pulled and humped..... this is going to be a long week. already i feel like giving up cus it cant be fair on them

Its very hard to watch but remember this is normal bunny communication, its just different from how we communicate.

If you don't feel able to do it would you consider sending them to a bonder?

Good luck, I hope it improves :)

Its very hard to watch but remember this is normal bunny communication, its just different from how we communicate.

If you don't feel able to do it would you consider sending them to a bonder?

Good luck, I hope it improves :)

yeah thats my next port of call if we fail :( OH is driving them round and im trying to make a neutral area for when they get back...

humping and fur pulling is normal, try and remain positive as your anxiety will rub off on them, put some quiet music on when they get back and deep breaths - I know how stressful it is x

yeah we couldnt leave them alone, but are going to sleep in the room with them so if they have a scrap im hoping it wakes us up

Back