• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No wonder we are both feeling so sad and down

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We have both been left heartbroken by Berol's death on Friday, especially because we have to look at her babies everyday, who to us seem so small and lost.:(

But I worked out today that Berol is the 50th rabbit we have lost in 21 months :shock: We have lost 50 of our gorgeous babies since January last year :cry: I can't quite get my head around it :(

It has affected us both equally, as we both adore our bunnies and treat each and everyone as if it was our only pet. It is always me that makes the decision to have a bunny pts, Steve always leaves that to me although we do discuss it each time. And Steve is the one who always holds them when they are pts and sees them slip away to the bridge as I would just ball my eyes out and stress the bunny out :(

We never in a million years realised that running a sanctuary could ever become so difficult :(

Even today we had to rush one to the vets who was admitted and is still there as she has shown no improvement through out the day. We also have a few others who are very much near the end of their lives and we know we are probably going to have to make decisions for them in the not too distant future.

No point to this really, I was just so shocked to realise how many beautiful bunnies we have lost in recent months :(

You work amazingly hard and see so much suffering as well as so much joy. What you do is something only very special can do.

I'm so sorry things are so difficult right now.

Liz you and Ste are truly amazing people who go through so much heart break because you love and care for these beautiful creatures,I dont know how you do it day in and day out.Its not surprising you feel so down,I think your both inspirational:love::love::love::love: and such special one in a million people,god bless you both and your beautiful babies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's heartbreaking for you, but think of the love and joy you have brought to those rabbits, especially ones like Berol. I'm so glad she found you for her final weeks so that she could know love.

you are such an inspiration Liz. You bring so much joy to your bunnies' lives. I can only imagine how heartbreaking it must be to do what you do xxx

I'm so sorry that you have gone through so much heartbreak in such a short space of time. I can't imagine what it must be like. You do amazing work for the quality of life of these bunnies, please don't forget that. xx

I don't know how you do it Liz. I'm heartbroken when I lose one of mine to so lose 50 in less than 2 years is devastating. I suppose you just have to keep thinking about all the good that you're doing.

You do an brilliant job and I am in complete awe of what you do. All your bunnies are loved and cared for to an amazing standard. Even if they've only been with you for a short time, like little Berol, I am sure you make a gigantic impact on all their lives. :love:

((((hugs))))

ETA - Sorry bit of a ramble :oops:

it may be 50 bunnies sadly lost but its

50 bunnies who were given a second chance.
50 bunnies who had the most amazing lives
50 bunnies who were loved
50 bunnies who would say THANK YOU if they could

try not to feel sad Liz as this shows what a huge difference you have both made to the rabbit world:love:

It must be really tough when you face yourself with the loss of 50 bunnies in 21 months, but every single one of those bunnies had a better life because of the time - however long or short - they spent with you. :) As I've said before, you and Steve are real stars of the bunny world. I had my Newt shopping bag at Brownies tonight - the spirit of even the smallest bunny who was with you for a very short time lives on!:love:

it may be 50 bunnies sadly lost but its

50 bunnies who were given a second chance.
50 bunnies who had the most amazing lives
50 bunnies who were loved
50 bunnies who would say THANK YOU if they could

try not to feel sad Liz as this shows what a huge difference you have both made to the rabbit world:love:

Well said :) You made the world of difference to those little ones. They were loved even in spirit and were allowed to go with dignity xxx

I think it's really special what you are doing. It's great that those 50 bunnies got to live out there lives with you, truly loved and cared for.

*hugs*
xxxxxxx

From what I have seen in my short time on RU, you do an amazing job. It is understandable that you feel down about losing the little ones. I admire how strong you are to do what you do - you have given so many rabbits a deserved second chance in life. Hugs xxx

Back