PDA

View Full Version : Moulting

MopsyMops =]
04-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Roughly, how long does a moult last?

Does it have like a specific amount of time?

Ogs is moulting like maaaad. Im helping him along and brushing/plucking every day but its ever lasting I swear! :shock:

susie bun
04-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Being quite new to the bunny world I can't answer your question, but I think it might vary quite considerable from bunny to bunny. Compared to other bunnies I've read about on here, Spenser's first moult wasn't too bad at all - and he's a fairly large and quite long-haired rabbit! I was also qite surprised he didn't lose a bit of fur earlier in the summer when it was really far too warm (even in Scotland) for my poor boy. Hope a moulting expert comes on soon to answer your question. :wave:

Tillybunny
04-10-2010, 08:44 PM
My three have been moulting for about 8 weeks now and I would say they have just about finished shedding fur. Tilly is very short haired and doesn't moult much, but Peter and Murphy looked proper little ragamuffins for a while.:)

Elena
05-10-2010, 11:27 AM
I think it varies. My lops have taken much longer to moult than Nutmeg and Smudge just seems to moult continuously.

MopsyMops =]
05-10-2010, 04:45 PM
I spose it looks worse 'cos Ogs has never had a proper moult which is odd.
He looks like a right scruffter - thanks everyone x

steph182
05-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Charlie just moults all the time :lol:

GrahamL
05-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Biscuit's been on/off moult for about 5 months now :roll: Fluffy hell for the indoor bunny parents! :lol:

Ginger, now she's here is also moulting like mad and has been groomed twice since saturday and has created a pile of fluff, getting on for 1/4 of her size :shock:

MopsyMops =]
05-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Charlie just moults all the time :lol:

Lucky you! :lol::p

I can't stand it. The fur is getting everywhere, bless him :lol:

MopsyMops =]
05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Biscuit's been on/off moult for about 5 months now :roll: Fluffy hell for the indoor bunny parents! :lol:

Ginger, now she's here is also moulting like mad and has been groomed twice since saturday and has created a pile of fluff, getting on for 1/4 of her size :shock:

Just abit! :lol:

I hope he doesn't last for 5 months... :shock:

steph182
05-10-2010, 04:59 PM
;4071665']Lucky you! :lol::p

I can't stand it. The fur is getting everywhere, bless him :lol:

It's horrible, isn't it?
Charlies fur just sticks to things in his pen, so when i go in there to clean up i just get a tonne of hair try to fly up my nose :shock:

donnamt
05-10-2010, 05:01 PM
just when i thought it was over my pair have started again... admittedly it is my fault as they are now living in a place atleast 5 degrees cooler than where they was.. but still... hate it when they are all scruffy :lol: