• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Roughly, how long does a moult last?

Does it have like a specific amount of time?

Ogs is moulting like maaaad. Im helping him along and brushing/plucking every day but its ever lasting I swear! :shock:

Being quite new to the bunny world I can't answer your question, but I think it might vary quite considerable from bunny to bunny. Compared to other bunnies I've read about on here, Spenser's first moult wasn't too bad at all - and he's a fairly large and quite long-haired rabbit! I was also qite surprised he didn't lose a bit of fur earlier in the summer when it was really far too warm (even in Scotland) for my poor boy. Hope a moulting expert comes on soon to answer your question. :wave:

My three have been moulting for about 8 weeks now and I would say they have just about finished shedding fur. Tilly is very short haired and doesn't moult much, but Peter and Murphy looked proper little ragamuffins for a while.:)

I think it varies. My lops have taken much longer to moult than Nutmeg and Smudge just seems to moult continuously.

I spose it looks worse 'cos Ogs has never had a proper moult which is odd.
He looks like a right scruffter - thanks everyone x

Biscuit's been on/off moult for about 5 months now :roll: Fluffy hell for the indoor bunny parents! :lol:

Ginger, now she's here is also moulting like mad and has been groomed twice since saturday and has created a pile of fluff, getting on for 1/4 of her size :shock:

Biscuit's been on/off moult for about 5 months now :roll: Fluffy hell for the indoor bunny parents! :lol:

Ginger, now she's here is also moulting like mad and has been groomed twice since saturday and has created a pile of fluff, getting on for 1/4 of her size :shock:

Just abit! :lol:

I hope he doesn't last for 5 months... :shock:

Lucky you! :lol::p

I can't stand it. The fur is getting everywhere, bless him :lol:

It's horrible, isn't it?
Charlies fur just sticks to things in his pen, so when i go in there to clean up i just get a tonne of hair try to fly up my nose :shock:

just when i thought it was over my pair have started again... admittedly it is my fault as they are now living in a place atleast 5 degrees cooler than where they was.. but still... hate it when they are all scruffy :lol:

Back