• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Preloved underweight rabbits

unalakey

Mama Doe
These are the rabbits i went to collect today as members of the forum had highlighted their concerns as they were underweight, the photo's on Preloved really showed how skinny they were, mine dont seem to show the full effect.

This is the Really underweight rabbit, you cant tell properly on the photo but she is a bag of bones, you can see and feel her spine:cry: She is cheeky though and will have a lovley character:
IMGP1219.jpg

IMGP1206.jpg

IMGP1194.jpg

The Female lop, she is also skinny, but so chilled:love:
IMGP1217-1.jpg

IMGP1215.jpg

The little bun, really nervous, but has taken some carrot and abit of apple from my hand, the photo's dont do her justice, she is really pretty:D
IMGP1225.jpg

Sorry they are so Big:oops:

Well done to Jane, Unalakey & Kay for helping these poor, poor rabbits - they will be eternally grateful to you all xxxx

They are all very beautiful :love:
Im glad that i posted the picture of the first bun now and that they can now have a good second chance in life :D
Hopefully their weight problem will just be through under feeding :evil: and nothing else underlying.

Awww poor bunnies. Thats so sad how people can be not be bothered seeing them like that. Well done you on saving them! They will no doubt have a life of luxuary and apreciate you loads!

Thank goodness you have them now.
Why are they so thin? was no one feeding them?

The man was apparently feeding them but i dont think so, he said they ate grass from the lawn and have ruined his garden:roll: He has breed from them all in the past but now it is getting too much, i didnt know he bred before i went. I think this is the last of his stock:evil: The garden was barren with a little shed in , he said they lived in there at night. I have never seen rabbits so hungry:cry:

Aww bless they are lovely! :love: Well done on rescuing them. :D Do you have any advice on how to make underweight rabbits put on weight? Blossom who I rescued is a bag of bones too, I can also feel her spine. She's eating but nothings happening? :(

They do look rough, especially in the second and third pics :( Hope they're back to full health soon. If they've been overbred that could account for why they're so skinny now :(

Aww bless they are lovely! :love: Well done on rescuing them. :D Do you have any advice on how to make underweight rabbits put on weight? Blossom who I rescued is a bag of bones too, I can also feel her spine. She's eating but nothings happening? :(

You can put weight on a bunny by feeding oats soaked in water (only a small amount, in addition to her normal diet) but first you need to make sure there's no underlying cause for the weightloss eg bad teeth. Have you spoken to the vet about it?

The rabbits are going to Kayjs in the morning, i hope there is no underlying medical conditions, but seeing as they are all skinny i think it is just neglect, they seem to have no physical problems eating, they wolf everything down:roll: The English one ( i named her Rosie:oops:) is lovely. The Lop i have named Saffy:love:, she is a sweetie, i have sat with her for ages this evening, she is going to be so tame and a real softie:love: and the little one (Daisy) is so cute and has started to settle in this short time. I hope they get rehomed soon, although they will need spaying first:D

The rabbits are going to Kayjs in the morning, i hope there is no underlying medical conditions, but seeing as they are all skinny i think it is just neglect, they seem to have no physical problems eating, they wolf everything down:roll: The English one ( i named her Rosie:oops:) is lovely. The Lop i have named Saffy:love:, she is a sweetie, i have sat with her for ages this evening, she is going to be so tame and a real softie:love: and the little one (Daisy) is so cute and has started to settle in this short time. I hope they get rehomed soon, although they will need spaying first:D

One home waiting right here :wave:
id love to rehome one of the buns that i helped out :D
As soon i saw her (the english) i thought of Rosie too :love:

Last edited:
:love::love: you can see how thin they are from the pics...poor rabs :(....onward and upward for them now though!! :love:

Think there was also another member in Nottingham? who wanted to adopt...geez can't think of her name :roll:

Back