• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We're off to the vets later...

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
...for myxo vacc x4.

Let's hope Mischa doesn't take a flying leap off the table again. :roll:

Good luck!

I've got 6 myxi vaccs later, plus a dental check. God knows how I'm going to manage on my own with 6 carriers...I need a trolley for them :lol:

I was like that when I had 4 in one carrier. It was SO heavy. I even searched for those trolley's they made on the junior Apprentice cos they looked ideal. With two carriers though I make my Dad carry one :p I like him to come so that he can drive and I can keep an eye on them in the back seat.

I was toying with the idea of a shopping trolley, but was scared that people might think I'm some kind of crazy rabbit lady! :lol:

Lilly n Tilly are off to the vets this evening for their myxo jabs, and then SophieA n Shauny on friday. Im not sure who gets more stressed me or them:roll::lol:

I have several mixi vac's left to do too- just reminded me to book in. Good luck with your lot :)

My lot are fab at the vets- except patch who bit the vet- well nibbled- i told him patch is temperamental if you don't do things his way lol :)

Better book mine in - just reminded me, also got to go for pre-op. I live down the vets these days.

xx

...for myxo vacc x4.

Let's hope Mischa doesn't take a flying leap off the table again. :roll:

my poppy leaps off the table! she leapt onto my sholder last time. it took 3 nurses to hold her down, i came out feeling like i'd been to the gym! sweating and red faced! :lol:

my poppy leaps off the table! she leapt onto my sholder last time. it took 3 nurses to hold her down, i came out feeling like i'd been to the gym! sweating and red faced! :lol:

:lol: Mine leaped out the carrier like a bat out of hell when I took him for the first time last week! Dreading the myxi visit in two weeks time :p:p Gonna ask the vet for some pre-med - for ME :lol:

He actually did it three times but the last time Dad literally had to grab him mid-air cos he was about to go over his shoulder.

He's so placid normally as well!

good luck :) Im off the the vets this evening too, with Bailey. He leaps off the table... he cut his lip last time! :shock: he bit it whilst he was flying! :lol:

Oh he does them towards us rather than towards the vet!

Today he was as good as gold and it was Smudge who took the flying leap off and actually made it to the floor. I could've died. He just backed up through a tiny gap between my arm and body and jumped off backwards. He's fine thankfully.

If it's any consolation, sounds like my vet trip was as bad as yours.

I had Jack jump onto my shoulder (luckily caught him before he ended up on the floor), Jill kept trying to bite the vet, and the wildies just would not co-operate with having their teeth checked :roll:

I was a bit :oops:

Gosh, with all these stories about flying rabbits it's no wonder my vet always says how good my boys are!

They sit as good as gold (well, Blackie wriggles, but he does that all the time, and it's only cos he wants to lick the vet) - even when the needles go in.

Gosh, with all these stories about flying rabbits it's no wonder my vet always says how good my boys are!

They sit as good as gold (well, Blackie wriggles, but he does that all the time, and it's only cos he wants to lick the vet) - even when the needles go in.

They're all fine with the needles! Barely move a muscle. But teeth checks? Nope. No go. They hate it. Smudge was ever so nervous yesterday. As I've had to split them I put the other two, as their combined size is bigger, in the bigger top opening carrier. I used to use that to calm Smudge down in the car by stroking him. I'm going to have to get another one of them. He was so stressy and then stroppy last night. He refused his greens for the most part. Unless I continuously waved them in front of his face. :?

The vet did say that if he pops his clogs and comes back as a rabbit he's coming to my house so I can't be doing too much wrong. :lol:

Back