• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny-Proofing!

chul

Staff member
I (very stupidly) thought I had an amazing miracle bunny that didn't chew cables.... until Saturday morning when I picked up my OH's USB game pad to find the wire clean cut right off! :oops:

Had to rush out and buy bunny proofing for all the wires. Bought pipe insulation stuff from B&Q to put all wire in which was a ver good price! Also got a piece of plywood to block of the back of the TV as its wire city there!!

Just wondered how anyone else bunny proofed? What did you use?
Photos? lol

NIC Panels are very common along with the wire tubing you mention.

I use pen panels to cover things Biscuit (and Ginger now) are not allowed to get at whilst they are free-ranging.

You will never protect everything though, i warn you now :) :lol: They will find a way to get at something you don't want them to, its bunny nature.

I've seen the NIC pannels - but I think they don't look too great. I know with a free range bun its hard to keep things looking great haha!

NIC Panels are very common along with the wire tubing you mention.

I use pen panels to cover things Biscuit (and Ginger now) are not allowed to get at whilst they are free-ranging.

You will never protect everything though, i warn you now :) :lol: They will find a way to get at something you don't want them to, its bunny nature.

Oh yep!!!

I have my computer in the bunny room, so i had to put a bit of plywood over the cable to the socket. It is just behind the desk, so you hardly even notice that it is there :)

I have not got anything anywhere else bunny proofed, i am like you and maybe am lulled into a false sense of security that mine dont bite (well one can't anyways as he has no front teeth!)

I've seen the NIC pannels - but I think they don't look too great. I know with a free range bun its hard to keep things looking great haha!

Unfortunately, to keep a house bun, its a case of 'nice house, lots of protection' or 'not so nice house, no protection'.

Buns like to eat wallpaper, cables, sofa's, carpets, skirting boards, rugs, rubber, radiators... i could go on forever, lol.

Has Pepy chewed anything else?

We used clear plastic sheets to block of the TV cables - hardly noticeable. also used that on the landing so they don't jump through the gaps in the balustrade!

We just moved all other plugged-in things out of the way, except the laptop. We use tubing for this but never leave it plugged in when we're out of the room either as i'm pretty sure they're determined enough to get through it if they set their minds to it!

I use pen panels as well and just cordon off areas where I can't let Basil go. He has 2 and a half bunnyproofed rooms to play in and he still wants to get into the part where all the cables are etc. I wonder why:lol::lol::lol:

Unfortunately, to keep a house bun, its a case of 'nice house, lots of protection' or 'not so nice house, no protection'.

Buns like to eat wallpaper, cables, sofa's, carpets, skirting boards, rugs, rubber, radiators... i could go on forever, lol.

Has Pepy chewed anything else?

Not that I have noticed no! My furniture iss all brand new, but only IKEA stuff, so i wouldnt mind slight chewing if it were to happen. I'm just praying to God he doesn't chew wallpaper/skirting board as its a rented house! :lol:

Not that I have noticed no! My furniture iss all brand new, but only IKEA stuff, so i wouldnt mind slight chewing if it were to happen. I'm just praying to God he doesn't chew wallpaper/skirting board as its a rented house! :lol:

We have no wallpaper, ours is a rented house also. Biccy has chewed a chunk off the corner of a solid wall. We've now fixed this, thanks to an idea from Fluffers (RU Member)! :)

The skirting board has a tiny chunk missing by the door, where he decided to yank a piece off!

We only have one papered wall in the living room where he spends most of his time! He has just started to venture into the hallway and kitchen now though, but no wires there! Phew!

Tia and Bracken have been running me ragged today! I pulled out the large sofa to vacum and found they had eaten the wire to the speakers. It was under the carpet fixed down, they had pulled the lot up. I blocked off both ends of the sofa so they decided to go else where to trash. Me being really silly thought that if I put my unused Wii electric cable and scarts in a barsket on the bookshelf next to the 2 seater sofa and push the sofa against it they wouldn't be able to get to them -WRONG - very yummy thanks mum :lol::cry::lol:

I stood and looked at the little faces and thought lovely sweet little darling THUGS! :love:

Tia and Bracken have been running me ragged today! I pulled out the large sofa to vacum and found they had eaten the wire to the speakers. It was under the carpet fixed down, they had pulled the lot up. I blocked off both ends of the sofa so they decided to go else where to trash. Me being really silly thought that if I put my unused Wii electric cable and scarts in a barsket on the bookshelf next to the 2 seater sofa and push the sofa against it they wouldn't be able to get to them -WRONG - very yummy thanks mum :lol::cry::lol:

I stood and looked at the little faces and thought lovely sweet little darling THUGS! :love:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Love house bunnies! :)

Louie chewed through 3 large wires, the Wii sensor and the netbook charger before being banned from the lounge :roll:

The only accessible wires are now protected by metal puppy runs, very attractive :roll:

Oh yes I have those around the computer and the tv after the Wii sensor wire was eaten. In total I am using two complete puppy pens around different areas of the house (Lotto is upstairs) but I think I may need more :lol:

Oh yes I have those around the computer and the tv after the Wii sensor wire was eaten. In total I am using two complete puppy pens around different areas of the house (Lotto is upstairs) but I think I may need more :lol:

Me too!

Back