• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mylo is off for his Myxi booster tonight....

I hate takin him the vets! I always worry that there will be a big dog in there that will start barking when we get there and poor Mylo would be terrified, I am sure if that did happen though that they would offer another room for us to wait in. Hes normally ok travelling but always panicks when we go the vets, maybe cos last time was to be neutered so cant blame him!!!!

I hope he is ok from it, hes also having his manicure and pedicure too :D I have promised him an extra fenugreek crunchie for him if hes a good boy!

Hope all goes well for him. :wave: My Spenser is due his myxi booster at the end fo the month, but I haven't told him yet - nor that he will be getting his nails done. ;) Last time I had to help the vet hold him down for his nails to be done. He was a very cross bunny indeed.

Hope all goes well for him. :wave: My Spenser is due his myxi booster at the end fo the month, but I haven't told him yet - nor that he will be getting his nails done. ;) Last time I had to help the vet hold him down for his nails to be done. He was a very cross bunny indeed.

He just wriggles loads and gets all panicky, i dont know why and im always scared that he will wriggle too much and fall of the vets table and hurt himself! I am sure he wont, but i still worry!

He just wriggles loads and gets all panicky, i dont know why and im always scared that he will wriggle too much and fall of the vets table and hurt himself! I am sure he wont, but i still worry!

Spenser is an awful wriggler, and he's a good bit bigger than Mylo. He wriggled so much at the emergency vets a couple of weeks ago she got quite impatient. :evil: A bit off, considering I was paying £145 for the visit! It's a bit sad that I only get cuddles from my bunny if he is ill.

do you give him avripro before hand? i give mine a little bit of fruit juice in there water with some avripro and it keep them calmer (no totally but it works) then a little when they get back to they calm down much quicker =] casper has been for his myxi today 5 mins later he is happily eating .. its a shame we have to do this thou i dont know why they dont just seprate the dog section from bunnys :? my bunnys would be so much calmer in a quite area

Spenser is an awful wriggler, and he's a good bit bigger than Mylo. He wriggled so much at the emergency vets a couple of weeks ago she got quite impatient. :evil: A bit off, considering I was paying £145 for the visit! It's a bit sad that I only get cuddles from my bunny if he is ill.

awww, poor spenser!

mylo is fine at home but as soon as we go the vets he wriggles. He often travels back and too to my parents with us and thats an hours drive away so it cant be the travel and the vets is a 5 minute drive. Luckily i havent had to go the vets many times, just for the usual vaccinations, neuter which i am very glad for!

Maybe its cos i panick it makes him worse!!! I can watch myself being injected but i cant watch him!

do you give him avripro before hand? i give mine a little bit of fruit juice in there water with some avripro and it keep them calmer (no totally but it works) then a little when they get back to they calm down much quicker =] casper has been for his myxi today 5 mins later he is happily eating .. its a shame we have to do this thou i dont know why they dont just seprate the dog section from bunnys :? my bunnys would be so much calmer in a quite area

No havent tried giving him anything, he lets me pick him up and put him in his carry case easy, and hes fine once he is home, its just the time at the vets! I reckon its me panicking and hes not as bad as i think it is!!!

I havent seen any dogs when I have been the vets, so i think im just bein stupid!!!

No havent tried giving him anything, he lets me pick him up and put him in his carry case easy, and hes fine once he is home, its just the time at the vets! I reckon its me panicking and hes not as bad as i think it is!!!

I havent seen any dogs when I have been the vets, so i think im just bein stupid!!!

maybe YOU need some rescue remedy :lol: i know how you feel though its so stressful and lets face it bunnys like there home and everything norm, nearly everytime i go to the vets there are dogs and i have to cover them up wit ha towel :( casper is a good boy but poppy goes hysterical and starts squeaking loudly! and when she gets home she used to lie in a heap panting, i found avripro really helps her but shes full of anxiety, your bun seems a good boy :lol::love:

maybe YOU need some rescue remedy :lol: i know how you feel though its so stressful and lets face it bunnys like there home and everything norm, nearly everytime i go to the vets there are dogs and i have to cover them up wit ha towel :( casper is a good boy but poppy goes hysterical and starts squeaking loudly! and when she gets home she used to lie in a heap panting, i found avripro really helps her but shes full of anxiety, your bun seems a good boy :lol::love:

haha, maybe i do :D oh ive been once and there was a dog there, but it didnt bark or anything but it was very big! It scared me so it would have scared mylo!

well he was a good little boy, he panicked as per usual but hes back home and had a fenugreek crunchie and a carrot stick as a treat!

The vet asked me to hold onto him while she injected him and his poor little heart was beating sooooo fast! Made mine beat as fast!!! Hes hoppin round the house now.

His nails werent long at all, he hasnt had them cut since beginnin of june and he didnt really need the doing now!

Back