• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you bond two males?

chul

Staff member
I've seen an advert on preloved for two male lion heads, both are 8 weeks old. I currently have Pepy, about 10 weeks old and Male. Would I be able to bond Pepy with one of these bunnies? I have no idea about bonding etc. :?

I had two males living together but they were neutered and brothers. Have you thought about getting a rescue to help you bond?

If you already have a male rabbit, I would avoid going out and purchasing another male rabbit as bonding two males is more hit and miss than bonding a male / female.

Prior to bonding any rabbit it is really important that you get them neutered. I dont know if your rabbit is neutered, if it is not this done, leave it at least 4 weeks and approach a rescue who should help you bond an already neutered female in with yours. This way the worry of bonding is reduced and you will have back up if you have problems.

If you get the male off the free ads, you will need to get additional accomodation whilst you are waiting for him to be ready following neutering, you iwll have to bond them yourself and if the bonding does not work out you will need to sort out suitable accomodation for an adult rabbit.The rescue route is definately the easier route.

It is possible but it comes down to the personality of the razbbits involved. You wouldn't be able to bond them until both are neutered and recovered and likely their hormones have dropped.

Maybe get your current rabbit neutered and recovered and then start a search from there? If you got one of these babies there is a high likelihood they would not bond so you would be left with two singles.

Ok, thanks for your help. I'm still undecided on getting another or not, but just wanted info on males.

Back