• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She's Booked in for her Spay..

Isis

Mama Doe
I've just made the appointment to get my conti spayed for next Monday. Will be freaking out at the end of this week and worrying like crazy on Monday!!!

Hope all goes well. I think there are some notes on after-spay care in The Rabbit Care Reference Section. I've no experience of girl bunnies, but hope someone who does comes along soon. :wave:

oh bless you - my girls both got done Thursday just gone....very stressfull for me & them - but they are fine now....I think at least a good 10 days in a small area where they are not able to jump/binky & no straw or rough things ot lay on...so their wound is kept clean & not infected.
Ive just had my 3 day post-op check today & will go back again next mondayy for the 10 day post-op check...and they are fine! yeah!:D

Bless you! My girls are fine - abit narky now & then - think they are uncomfortable & abit sore, and dont know why they feel that way. I found that apple twigs & leaves have been great to keep them occupied with chewing something....also the snugglesafe were great as an option for them to snuggle up to for extra warmth & comfort.
I packed a lunch of dried herbs for the buns ot have at the vets after surgery and was very pleased when they cam back empty but for one stem of rose leaves...I think it helped them to have their usual dried herbs with the hay & pellets the vets supplied.

It will be fine Im sure! I booked mine the day before by chance I just went for it....:lol:

Back