• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Sheds/Playhouses

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
I know some of you use ply to board up the edges etc, my buns shed looks a bit depressing so was thinking of boarding up the second half (the bottom is plyd so they cant chew) is there a cheaper alternative to ply?

Could you not paint it?

I plywooded the bottom 2 foot for chew-reasons & then painted the entire inside :D

I don't think there's much cheaper than ply though. You can't use MDF or hardwoody stuff

IMG_0033.jpg

that was mine, now the lino is abit dirtier. It looks very dark and gloomy inside, ive just refelted the roof as it was all cut when we moved it, so at least now its waterproof

I've boarded my shed with hardboard. The OH uses it at work and I'd never heard of it before. Its as it says very very thick and hard cardboard. Its probably just as thick as the cheaper plywood and a lot cheaper. :D

I've boarded my shed with hardboard. The OH uses it at work and I'd never heard of it before. Its as it says very very thick and hard cardboard. Its probably just as thick as the cheaper plywood and a lot cheaper. :D

I read on here hardwood can be dangerous if chewed, so I would just keep an eye on them

My shed looked dull until I painted it white. It's helped with the light too. I have some pics on my phone - dunno how to get on here though!

Well I think it looks nice :) If it's dark a lick of a light coloured pet safe paint (cuprinol garden shades and Wilco's colour your garden both do a cream) will lift it. Do you have lighting? I have LED solar powered lights (and battery operated ones for days when there hasn't been enough sun to charge the solar ones). Does the shed get any natural light? xx

You could also paint the inside of the roof white to reflect more light, put a soft fleecy blanket on the floor to make it more cosy (watch for them chewing it) add boxes, tunnels and a low shelf to make it more interesting....:)

Lighten the dark wood by painting it, you could put a nice big mirror in it which allows the buns to see themselves whilst they are grooming, this would also reflect the light.

If you want to either paint further up or board and paint it, you can add pictures for the bunnies to look at.

its since then gotten a bit damp because of the missing felt, ive added a few shelves, but want to look at maybe building a layer (does anyone have any pics????)

They wee and poop everywhere so those things you see in there now are out cos they got ruined. They have a tunnel though, and a 6x8 run attached

Back