• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

mollyjoker

Mama Doe
Have a bonded pair male and female who fell inlove from day 1 no fighting or nothing.My sister in law told me about a stray rabbit near her work who had been there for about 2 weeks. I went and caught it and currently have her in a spare hutch.She is very tame.Got her checked by the vet who confirmed female in good condition. Said could not confirm if she had been spayed.I am going to put posters about because she has definitely been well looked after.But if no one comes forward i would love to keep her.But would want to bond with my 2 who have been together a year and are totally in love.Would not want to spoil this if introducing another female.Any advice would be gratefully received.:wave:

The new bunny, especially if found as a stray, will need to be quarantined for 2 weeks then there will be another two weeks to wait after her spay. There is a risk of breaking the existing bond.

I find the easiest way is the 48 hours bond, where you leave them together on neutral territory for 48 hours and watch over them to separate any fights.

Back