• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Odysseus and Calypso

blue_vix

Mama Doe
following on from this thread I went and picked up these rabbits this evening, I had to pay £10 for them

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=247853&highlight=teeth+clipping&page=3

This little boy I have called Odysseus
019-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

His age is unknown, his last owner took him in as a stray. He is quiet matted at the back because he is too fat to clean himself.

This little girl I have called Calypso
020-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

She is three. She only has three front teeth and her last owner has been clipping them with nail clippers when they over grow. All that hair hides the fact she is skin and bone...

That rabbits came with some care instructions...

Don't feed hay its bad for their teeth
Give them a dog bowl full of pellets once a day if no exercise, twice a day if they get exercise
Clip teeth and nails every other month
Bath them once a week (in the bath with a couple of inches of water, then use the shower on them..)

Despite all this they are lovely little bunnies, not frightened. They have at least, been handled regularly and the lady cried when I took them.
ETA these bunnies are going to go to stay with Pixiebunny on tuesday.

Last edited:
Oh poor little things - those instructions are just shocking :shock: It sounds like the lady meant well though. I am glad they are going to be well looked after from now on

Oh dear god what is this awful world coming to? :cry::cry::cry:

Those poor, poor babies - thank god they found their way to you & are now on their way to rescue xxx

OMG!:shock::evil: Those care instructions are shocking! Even if the lady meant well - its no excuse.....there are plenty of vets, libraries, petshops, internet to research & find out the proper care for animasl in general and its easy to cross reference advice to make sure ypu are doing the best for the animal in your care....I just cant believe the clipping of the teeth...and no hay!

ANYWAY!:D They have been saved and now have a chance bess them...hope little ones teeth can get sorted & she can get some food in her tummy...she is probably starving...whilst the other bun bless him is stuffing himself with boredom! Thanks goodness you saved them! yeeeeeah! They are both beautiful!:love::love::love:

Thank you soo much for managing to get these of that guy sweetie, I look forward to meeting these bunnies in person, I'll try Cally on some SS recovery food see if she finds it easier to drink up some noms, and maybe a bit of porridge with goats milk, and get the boy bun on a strict hay diet. This'll be fun. :roll:

I'll get these to vets ASAP, just struggle getting there during the week as the O/H will be back in borro for work lol but I'll get my mates friend to drive me so it'll be no bother.

Well done for rescuing them. Shuddering at the idea of putting a rabbit in the shower... :shock:

They're lovely, can't wait to hear how they get on.

Fantastic rescue:) I really hope the vet trip will be easier than appearances.

This is the first time I have been on the computer since the 1st and look who I am checking on:oops:

How are they doing now? Tons of vibes, they are:love:

Back