• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So sad and cross!

Mandxx

Warren Scout
Went to a car boot sale this morning with my mum as we were walking around we saw a crowd of ppl around a stall went over and there were baby rabbits and 2 adults for sale!!!:censored: Babies were tiny!! Did not look anywhere near the right age to be sold. Broke my heart:cry: If I had the room I would have took them all. They looked so frightened!

Poor little souls!! Some people shouldn't be allowed animals! Anything could have happened to them :censored::censored:.

I'm surprised the market organisers allowed it, but then again no doubt they didn't really care either :cry:.

Went to a car boot sale this morning with my mum as we were walking around we saw a crowd of ppl around a stall went over and there were baby rabbits and 2 adults for sale!!!:censored: Babies were tiny!! Did not look anywhere near the right age to be sold. Broke my heart:cry: If I had the room I would have took them all. They looked so frightened!

Extract from:

Pet Animals Act 1951​

2 Pets not to be sold in streets, &c.If any person carries on a business of selling animals as pets in any part of a [F1street][F1road] or public place, [F2or] at a stall or barrow in a market, he shall be guilty of an offence.

I wonder if he was going for the "offspring of own pets" get out provision?

I would respectfully suggest that you provide details to the local Council.

:wave:Hope this helps.

Following the advice on here I have contacted the council and they are gonna send someone next week to check as apparently they have been called out there before as they were selling ducklings !

Back