• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megasorb Alternative

SkegMag

Warren Scout
Is there an alternative to Megasorb, please. My local pet shops have never heard of the stuff but I need something to go under the hay in his litter area pretty quick, as the vet has banned wood shavings for a while. The vet suggested newspaper but my bun eats it, and I don't know if that's wise!

Thanks, vee-jay. I need something I can get from the local pet shop today, as I haven't got transport to go further afield. I was wondering about cat litter? But the little monkey will prob eat that as well :roll:

Paper based cat litter is similar to Megazorb, if you can find any (there used to be loads about, but not really so many anymore). The other paper based product that's widely available is Carefresh.

I use cat litter wood pellets for my 2 in there litter trays. You can get it from pets at home. Dont know weather you could use that?

Thanks, Sarah, I'll pop out to see if they stock that.

hi fellow lincolnshire ruer we aint far from skeggy and cant get megazorb locally you can from various online places get delivered.We used hemcore and paperbased cat litter tesco sell stuff too :}

Thanks, everyone - YAY managed to get some paper-based cat litter (Smartcat). Good to know they've got wood-based, too, incase I need it!

hi fellow lincolnshire ruer we aint far from skeggy and cant get megazorb locally you can from various online places get delivered.We used hemcore and paperbased cat litter tesco sell stuff too :}

:wave: Hiya - it's like living in the outbacks sometimes :roll: - plenty of buckets & spades and rubber dingies should my bun ever need those! :lol:

Will be interested to hear what you think of Smartcat, as that was one I was thinking of trying. :)

You could try carefresh....I use aubiose as my girls ate the carefresh - which I think is like megazorb.....they dont eat the aubiose & if they did it wouldnt be too much of a problem as its just cut hemp stems....

http://www.aubiose.co.uk/

There is a free number to call and they can tell you were you can purchase it from. The aibiouse keeps the surface area dry where they sit as the wee soaks through to form a puddle unerneath. i find it great of rthem keeping dry, digging in...though it can be messy....like all bedding i guess!:lol:

Carefresh is easy to get hold of (P@H and lots of other pet shops) but expensive. If it's just for post operative care I would use Carefresh. It's designed for rabbits and rodents etc so you know it's definately safe.

Back