• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Bouncer - BAD Foster Mummeh

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Feeding the buns this morning I was delighted and amazed to see how tidy Bouncers hutch was. He usually drags some of the hay from his litter bowl and spreads it all around :roll: Then I went to prepare his run and I realised why this was so.... I hadn't put his litter bowl back into his hutch last night :shock: Poor Bouncer has gone all through the night without anywhere to poop/wee and without hay :(:cry::cry:

I thought he would have at least done something where his bowl usually sits but nothing, not even one poop:shock::shock: What makes me feel worse is that Bouncer LOVES his hay and usually wees LOTS overnight :(

I am VERY pleased to say that soon after breakfast and a few hops around his run, a lovely big pile of his usual "text book" golden poops were delivered so hopefully no harm done :D:D

What a bad foster mummy I am :no:

Aw, poor Bouncer.

My Little Boys have 2 litter trays - one on the floor of the hutch, one on top of the bedroom, because they insist they need two toilet corners. I forgot to put the bedroom one back in the other day, but they still pooped and peed all over the roof of the bedroom - they didn't worry about the tray not being there (and they didn't just use the other instead....:roll:)

Aw, poor Bouncer.

My Little Boys have 2 litter trays - one on the floor of the hutch, one on top of the bedroom, because they insist they need two toilet corners. I forgot to put the bedroom one back in the other day, but they still pooped and peed all over the roof of the bedroom - they didn't worry about the tray not being there (and they didn't just use the other instead....:roll:)

:lol::lol: I know I shouldn't laugh but... :lol: I have to admit I was staggered that he hadn't been at all - he's one seriously well trained bun (down to him not me btw!)

:lol::lol: I know I shouldn't laugh but... :lol: I have to admit I was staggered that he hadn't been at all - he's one seriously well trained bun (down to him not me btw!)

Bless him!

The only place my boys refused to poop was out in the run onthe lawn, but then when I put the litter tray in there to save them having to hold it in,,,,,they started popping all over the grass :roll:

Bunnies are funny little things....

Bless him!

The only place my boys refused to poop was out in the run onthe lawn, but then when I put the litter tray in there to save them having to hold it in,,,,,they started popping all over the grass :roll:

Bunnies are funny little things....

They sure are... I have similar experience. The 2 foster buns litter trays go where they go (except for last night :oops:) so if they're in the run so is their litter tray. I have two runs, one on the lawn and one on the patio. The buns swap over every 3 days so they both have time on grass & it keeps things interesting for them, change of scenery, toys etc. When they're on the patio they use their litter bowls 100% & there's nothing done elsewhere. When they're on the lawn they use their bowls to wee in but BOTH buns poop all over the grass AND in the bowl :roll:

Poor Bouncer! :( I HOPE HE GOT EXTRA NOMS TO MAKE UP FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!;)Spenser doesn't have a litter-tray. Well, he does, but he uses it as a digging box. He does all his pee and 99% of his poos in his bedroom.

Poor Bouncer! :( I HOPE HE GOT EXTRA NOMS TO MAKE UP FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!;)Spenser doesn't have a litter-tray. Well, he does, but he uses it as a digging box. He does all his pee and 99% of his poos in his bedroom.

Have you tried putting a tray/bowl/box in his bedroom? This is where Bouncers is (well, should have been :oops:)

Yes, extra noms have been distributed! :lol:

Don't worry I've done the same before now with my foster bun he had straw to sit in though but wouldn't do anything in the hutch. What tidy buns and he obviously would be a wonderful house bunny nice and clean and tidy. :)

Don't worry I've done the same before now with my foster bun he had straw to sit in though but wouldn't do anything in the hutch. What tidy buns and he obviously would be a wonderful house bunny nice and clean and tidy. :)

I think he would :D He is though a little *blllleeeeeep* when it comes to wires (& handbags :roll:) and so the place would have to be fully "bouncer" proofed! :lol:

Have you tried putting a tray/bowl/box in his bedroom? This is where Bouncers is (well, should have been :oops:)

Yes, extra noms have been distributed! :lol:

Pleased to hear it! :D I change the newspaper and soiled hay/straw daily, but it only takes minutes. The hutch gets done weekly with petspray. I could try a rectangular tray (his 'digging box' is the corner type, because I'd hoped he would also use it in the octagonal pen:roll::roll:).

Maybe you can do another thread of all the girls & boys that need homes...the last thread had loads of attention...you never know! and it was great to be made aware of their stories & their pics...just makes it more real...:)

He is such a sweety! :love:

Maybe you can do another thread of all the girls & boys that need homes...the last thread had loads of attention...you never know! and it was great to be made aware of their stories & their pics...just makes it more real...:)

He is such a sweety! :love:

I'm seeing Jill tomorrow - I'll mention it to her ;)

Bouncer says: "fankoo for sayings I iz a tweetie. Talking of tweeties....." :p:lol:

Back