• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't like being an outdoor bunny mommy....

yes, and there's slugs :shock: big nasty killer slugs :( mine were back indoors for 3 days last week when we woodstained their hutch/run and it was bliss giving them their supper in the kitchen rather than trudging down the garden in the wet, i'm not looking forward to the clocks changing, i'll never see them in daylight during the week :roll:

yes, and there's slugs :shock: big nasty killer slugs :( mine were back indoors for 3 days last week when we woodstained their hutch/run and it was bliss giving them their supper in the kitchen rather than trudging down the garden in the wet, i'm not looking forward to the clocks changing, i'll never see them in daylight during the week :roll:

Oh I'm not looking forward to that :(

And yes, how could I forget the slugs :shock: I seem to tread on one every night - never pleasant

we have monster slugs too :( I need to hire in some hedgehogs I think to deal with the *******!

I'm glad the bunnies have a hutch on legs, otherwise they'd be swimming out there :( so grim this weather!

Apart from getting soaked I quite like going outdoors to my bunnies.:) Cannot wait to get my kennel and run as I will enjoy spending time in there, the neighbours already think I am mad because I sit in the rain talking to my bunnies.

I don't mind having them outside, love being able to have sheds with lights in. I no longer have Piglet in my room either who has to be the messiest bunny I have ever had :roll:

What about getting a head lamp I got one last year and they are great. I'm not looking forward to going out and cleaning out my foster bun today as it is tipping it down again.

There is talk (from the parents who didn't want me to have a rabbit at all!) of Spenser being moved into the conservatory for the winter! :shock::shock::shock:

There is talk (from the parents who didn't want me to have a rabbit at all!) of Spenser being moved into the conservatory for the winter! :shock::shock::shock:

:lol::lol::lol: My mum was exactly the same when I got my first bun. It started with him not being allowed in the house....then the day after we got him she decided he should cone in for a hop. Then he came in every day and spent all the time that I was there inside with me. His hutch got moved into the conservatory...then she said he could come inside as the conservatory would be far too cold in the winter.

Mothers...eh?! :lol:

I wish mine could move inside too!! I don't mind them being in the garden most of the year because they have a shed and aviary run thingy I can go and sit in there with them (I can just about sit in the shed because of the shelves theres less space) when its freezing I spend less time with them outside because I get to cold:( I try to go out in short bits so I get cold then warm up then get cold then warm up. Hopefully when we move (next year some time) i'm going to get a bigger shed so I can have a chair in there, and find some way to keep it warm so I can sit it there when its freezing cold outside:D

Im feeling this too this morning!! Mine have both been reeeeally messy overnight but its pouring it down and im hungover :cry:

i have a shed in the garden it gets really muddy its got a little bank
which i slide down when iam fin feeding them not looking forward
to darkness i have no light in the shed :lol:

This thread has made me realise how lucky I am. I've had my time with bunnies being outside but mine have a room which is attached to our garage (used to be the kids' playroom)about 12 x 6 plus a hatch to outside run . The run is shut off as soon as it gets dark. My problem is with frogs - I hate them cos they jump at me. My family laugh but everynight when I go out to say night to buns, they are there waiting for me. Aargh!!!:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: My mum was exactly the same when I got my first bun. It started with him not being allowed in the house....then the day after we got him she decided he should cone in for a hop. Then he came in every day and spent all the time that I was there inside with me. His hutch got moved into the conservatory...then she said he could come inside as the conservatory would be far too cold in the winter.

Mothers...eh?! :lol:

Definite parallels here. I await developments over the winter with interest;). To be honest I think Spenser likes being a hutch bunny - indeed, he will ONLY pee/poo in his bedroom.

Definite parallels here. I await developments over the winter with interest;). To be honest I think Spenser likes being a hutch bunny - indeed, he will ONLY pee/poo in his bedroom.

Have you tried putting a litter tray where he goes? ;) far easier to clean out....AND a sneaky way to prove bunnies can be very clean for when indoors!

Have you tried putting a litter tray where he goes? ;) far easier to clean out....AND a sneaky way to prove bunnies can be very clean for when indoors!

The litter tray I have is a corner one, as I'd hoped it would also fit into his octagonal run. It does, but he thinks it's a digging box and has NEVER performed in it. :roll::lol: It only takes minutes to change the newspaper and soiled bedding daily. :) I do the floor of the hutch with pet-spray once a week. I could try an rectangular tray, but I would need to bring it into the house for cleaning whereas newspaper just goes in the bin!

My girls have had sleep overs with us inside:lol::love: now they in for a good 2 weeks after their spay's....then Im moving their hutches along side the fence right next to the house & OH is gonna put a catflap through the wall in to the house so they can come from their hutch into the house when they want to - I dont want to not see them so much when its winter time & for them to feel lonely...they adore our company & like to see what we are getting up to - so cant wait till its done - just egging OH to sort it out or Im gonna start bashing a hole in the wall of the house!:lol::lol::lol:

Back