• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's big, white and finally here :)

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
The white rabbit that was once living with chicken's is now in the bathroom and boy he's big. Was very unclean, ear mites and infections in his eyes, we only got a late evening appointment to which he got anti-inflammatory's and an injection for the mites as well as eye drops. He's going in tomorrow as I'm surprised he doesn't have fly strike as his bum is matted in poo. So he's going under to be shaved.

He's beautiful though, and very friendly and docile. :love:

He seems very lively, has drank, ate, pooped and been grooming himself in his litter tray. We're keeping him in our bathroom/hallway until his treatment and quarrantine is over. >.< this is going to be fun. I just refuse to put this big fella in a cage. He's going to be fostered out as soon as he's healthy with his own bedroom which is good. :)

Right well he's been at the vets again all day today. Big fella would have cost us £124 for his clean up but thankfully we got the discount and it only cost £99. :roll:

He's lovely now lush and clean, just needs his ears and eyes clean now. Got a 10 day course of baytrol and his eyedrops until his eyes are better really, then a check up in ten days time. Taking photo's later on today of a lot of bunnies so keep your eyes pealed. :love:

can't wait to see him...soft spot for white buns :love:

btw which vets to you use??

Just posting pictures now, I normally use Robson and Prescott as they're local to me, but because they're under financial difficulties they've not really been offering me discounts etc. and after talking to Collin at companion care (pets at home one in Cramlington) I've just moved to them, but still using Robson and Prescott if that makes sense.

:wave: Yes thanks that does make sense :) I am always interested in recommendations for vets because still debating about whether I like my current vet or not....

oh he sounds fab, and a lucky bun.
I love big rabbits :love:
good to know that the vets round here are getting quite good with bunnies.
didn't know that about R&P :shock: altho I don't use them.

Back