• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed Size

are you having an attached run? And is the giant having a giant friend?

I imagine the size will be ok if there is a run attached but ideally I'd suggest you look for a shiplap shed rather than overlap.
I've got overlap because it was a cheap second hand one but I wish I'd had the money for shiplap - just a much better build quality, less likely to have cracks for wind to get in and the buns can't chew it.

I am still in the planning stage, to be honest the position in the garden that i am planning in having the shed in, i would not be able to have a massive run next too, but was planning on lots of free range time. Like i said i am in the planning stage so any advice welcom, i already have two buns (normal sized, they live in a 8 x 6 shed with attached run , but they are always out (free range) when i am home.

Its the space issue with this though, i have a decking area at the bottom of the garden that has a small sunken pond in, we are filling the pond in and wanted to put the shed on this area. will keep looking:D Im in no rush, havent found a bun yet;)

NO worries. I was just contemplating one of these as they are having a bit of a sale on until 4 October.

Not sure about the one you posted for giants. We have a couple of giants but they have odd shaped sheds. Sure someone else with more of an idea on space needed will be along soon.

you could try bonding the giant to the pair you already have? I wouldn't keep an outside bun on it's own and it sounds like you could give a giant more space if it shared with the other two buns?

TBH I'd say 7x5 is too small for a pair of giants,especially as you haven't room to put on a permanent enclosure.

By the time you've put down a litter tray, bowls, hay rack, toys etc there isn't much floor space left.

When my pair lie down full stretch they're over 4ft long,so I'd go as big as you can manage.

I have mine in a 10x6, with three levels inside and a permanent enclosure, and I'm fairly happy with that size wise, although they still need a good few hours free range time too.

I'd also recommend avoiding overlap like the plague - I have four sheds in my garden - 3 are T&G are are great, but the fourth is overlap and leaks all over the place (luckily only the lawnmower etc lives in there!). It was fine for the first couple of years, but the wood shrinks and warps in the winter and summer, so degenerates quite quickly.
You'd spend more money than its worth to make it weather tight.

Ok, we have decided to change the position in the garden so we can have a bigger shed, Found some great bargains on ebay for Tongue and Groove sheds? So we have decided on another 8ft x 6ft shed and we will hopefully;) get two giants:D im too excited!

Back