• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When hand feeding your buns...

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
Are they gentle with their teefs or do you have to watch out that you don't lose your finger.

Earlier on Ol and I were feeding Roobs a few rasins and I was being really careless and didn't realise she wanted the one I had between my finger and thumb. Instead of trying to go through me to get the treat she was so gentle with her teeth the feeling was actually rather pleasant!!

I've always let Ol feed her, but told him to watch his fingers...but no matter how much you hold onto the treat she won't nom the fingers! :love:

What about your buns?

Bailey is generally really quiet carefull unless he sees some nana coming his way his little bum starts wiggling and he just cant help but be greedy :lol::lol:

Ebony will sometimes brush his teeth agaisnt my finger if im holding the treat too close, but he wouldnt bite to get one

Mine are usually quite gentle but Pipkin is not when it comes to banana. He has accidentally nommed my finger while going for banana. He looked pretty shocked afterwards so I know it wasn't an intentional nip. He also had a nibble when I was wearing yellow rubber gloves :shock: I think he got a bit confused...

They all vary so much. My bridge bunny Bungee was incredibly gentle, even though she wasn't a very human friendly bunneh. Same applies to Tink she always takes things really gently. You've got to be careful not to lose your finger with Esme and Rudy - I've been bitten by both of them when they got over-excited. Dot is proper scary around food - tiny but sooo mighty :lol::lol:

Oliver Rabbit is very gentle but Black Thing is quite naughty and quite vicious with her teefs.

I have to separate them when hand feeding as they quite get fiesty with one another

Hahaha!! Ted would do anything to get a treat! Going through me was all fair for him!

Both my buns are usually very careful unless they get to excited. They can get their little mouthies inbetween my fingers quite nicely :)

BB - my big lump of a frenchie - is food mad, but I can hold food tightly between my finger and thumb and she will really gently (but persistently) tease her teeth around it until she gets it.
I love how gentle she is:love:
However, if I offer it to her freely, she'll snatch it and leg it:lol:

Nope mine are rude little whatsits and snatch everything, you would think they had never been fed :roll:

Though saying that I don't think they would ever bite me to get at it(well they haven't yet anyway) They are just very persistant!

Buzz and Penelope almost take my finger off. Whenever there's food around Buzz's third eyelid comes in front of his eyes like he's in excited ecstacy and he just goes for it. Whereas Rosie, Ralph and Ruby wait for me to place it in front of them, get it placed in their mouths, then hop away...

Snowdrop is very gentle, Strawbs is if I remind him, but Bungle lunges at your hand and snatches anything in it!

Blue, Honey and Bracken are angels Harri and Mia can feed them and I trust them entirely although always warn them to be careful.
Gave Dizzee Rascal a little bit of apple earlier and nearly lost my whole hand :shock: :lol:

ETA: They all periscope for treats and take them doing that....started out because obviously there only diddy and whenever they think food is comeing they do it. They wont take it unless there periscopeing :roll:

Last edited:
Ogs is really gentle, bless him. He persistantly tries to get the food but never actually bites me to get it :lol:

Delly used to literally snatch the the food from my fingers but never bit me either.

Marley is really gentle, and so is Dolly most of the time. Untill the Burgess apple snacks come out! Then theyre on a rampage and i get a bit nervous! :lol: Marley will still be quite gentle, but you would think Dolly had been starved, i worry about my fingers with that little madam.:love:

Ive never put my fingers through the bars of their hutch unless theyre after nose rubs. But dad did it the other day and Dolly just licked him :love:

Depends on her mood and what you're feeding. Spring greens she'll snatch and you have to mind yourself but raisins she's very gentle :love:

I thought Ruby was ok with taking food but my mum has just informed me Ruby bit her for a fenugreek crunchie the other day :shock:

Smoo is not okay. She is incredibly food obsessed to the point of getting herself hurt for it...
Grim has no front teeth and I sometimes have to help him eat by pushing food right into his mouth with a finger, but he's always been a gentle bun anyway.

Back