• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Considering a new friend for bailey

TasherR

Alpha Buck
Hi guys :wave:
as some of you may know my beloved trev passed away on the 10 september :cry: now as much as i love him and miss him alot i now feel that i am ready to get bailey a new friend as i feel sorry for him on his own.
obviously im going to get my new bun from a rescue :D but i was wondering if i can have some info on the medium to larger breeds of buns and whether they can get along with a smaller bun (Bailey is around 2kg and a dwarf lop)
i know its all about the new buns personality but i would prefer a larger rabbit round about 3.4kg as this is what trev was and i feel that he was the perfect size for my situation and wasnt too big for bailey.
so anyway sorry for rambling and thanks in advance :)
ps does anyone have any experience with rescues in the cheshire/ manchester area?

Sorry you lost your Trev. x

As for bonding big and small - yes it really is down to personality. My Darcy is a french lop and he is bonded to Beatrix who is a small/medium bun. hth

Back