• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just to let you all know

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
I will not be getting any more rabbits.

On a few threads now I've noticed people have asked me not to get any more rabbits. Just to let you know I don't intend to. There are other people on here with as many or more rabbits than me who don't get this kind of thing so I have to admit these constant comments make me feel really down and like people are concerned about my animals' welfare or accusing me of being a hoarder.

None of my rabbits were 'impulse' buys/adoptions. I spent many months deciding before getting Harvey and Zero. My intention was to have a bonded trio of Harvey, Zero and Castiel, but unfortunately I couldn't bond them. So I had the option to either rehome or to get partners, and I chose to get partners. Now that they are paired up I will not be getting any more rabbits.

If you are concerned about the welfare of any of my pets I'm happy to discuss it and try and resolve any problems if you think there any. I came on this forum for advice and I'm happy to take it.

Although I have had financial worries recently, as my OH lost his job, he has a job now. When we had money trouble the rabbits were in no way affected; it was myself and the OH who went without things. I've invested a lot of time and money in my animal's care and it does upset me that people keep making comments.

I will not be adopting any more rabbits, and I never intended to after I had paired up my existing rabbits. Nor will I be adopting any other animals in the near future. I hope this has reassured people.

I've always felt your rabbits were very lucky to be in such good hands. :wave: I haven't noticed any of the comments your referring to, but it's a shame you've been made to feel down by them. It's obvious how much you love your bunnies (and care about other people's). Sound like you took a very put-the-rabbits-first approach when the bond you hoped for didn't work out.

I really wish some people would understand their opinions are not always needed, and certainly no one should be telling you how to manage your bunnies or telling you not to get any more. Anyone can see you really care for them, and like other owners you put the bunnies first. The economic climate is harsh, it is hard for everyone with or without pets and you shouldn't be made to justify your actions.

I think there are far worse problems with bunnies that don't have a a kind loving home, and maybe thoughts should be directed to them rather at people who actually do a good job.

How many bunnies you have is nothing to do with anyone else Nicola :(

*see you have made me come on the forum and I was happily lurking* :lol:

I really wish some people would understand their opinions are not always needed, and certainly no one should be telling you how to manage your bunnies or telling you not to get any more. Anyone can see you really care for them, and like other owners you put the bunnies first. The economic climate is harsh, it is hard for everyone with or without pets and you shouldn't be made to justify your actions.

I think there are far worse problems with bunnies that don't have a a kind loving home, and maybe thoughts should be directed to them rather at people who actually do a good job.

i completely agree and so what if you do/did want to get more rabbits its your decision and has nothing to do with anyone else imo as long as they are loved and well cared for which i can tell yours are, then it shouldnt matter whether you have 1 or 100 rabbits.
Chin up and get on with loving your many furry friends :D

Hello :wave::love:
It is nobody elses business how many rabbits you have,if they are well cared for,I dont know how many you have but I am sure that you are a good owner and care for them well
I have 33 pets,18 of them are frogs that live in tropical enclosures,I dont go out,I dont drink or smoke and I have a good job,I know that some people think I am a nutter,but I love all my animals and I do get comments ( not on here though)when I get a new addition which is usually when one has sadly passed away,but it is nobody elses business what I or anyone else does if they are in good hands
Enjoy your bunnies :D

TODAY i have been made to feel the same with a certain someones comment on my thread earlier! Its not nice take no notice and have as many rabbits as you want x x x

I havent noticed any comments. It is of no concern to me how many bunnies you have!

I had one bunny, then got one to be his partner. This didnt work out so had two single bunnies. I then got two new partners for each bunny totalling four now. It is no one's business if they think I have too many.

I can understand how people end up with more than they originally wanted, but as long as they are cared for, then what is the problem?

aww hun :(, I'm sorry you feel like this, & sorry people have made comments like that, you can see that you love & care for your buns amazingly :love:, & hey .. at least you don't have as many as me :lol::lol:, but I'm the same now ALL mine are bonded in a group/pair thats me NO MORE ! .. though its not me you need to worry about its my OH :roll:, every single sob story & thats him we will have it .. but I have told him NO no more now :lol: xx

I haven't seen anyone being negative - just a few jokey comments. But it's east to read forum comment the wrong way, especially if you're already feeling criticised.

Thank you everyone.

Maybe some comments have been made as jokes but it doesn't feel like jokes when people say it constantly and when I get it 24/7 from my family and work friends.

You don't have to explain yourself, it's got nothing to do with anyone else :D

Ditto this, keep your chin up and take what anyone says with a pinch of salt, noone knows your circumstances just a few threads and they put two and two together and get 9 and think they know everything. xxx

Sorry you feel like this I think I must be living in a little bubble as hadn't noticed any comments. Have as many rabbits as you like you know your limits its not anybody else's decision.

Nicola - I always see you as putting your rabbits welfare highly, I know when we are feeling down some comments can hit us hard and hurt, do not let people make you feel down, you see those happy bunnies running up to you each day as you care for them and they are the important ones and they are grateful for your love and care, we all like to be seen as caring pet owners and you are though perhaps people do not tell you this as often as they should.

Erm....how many do you have?

So long as they're well looked after it's no business how many you have!! Just ignore the comments and go have snuggles with your buns.

I bunnysat for Parsnipbun and she has 19 buns! All are impeccably cared for. So long as you have the time to care for them then you're only helping more buns in need.

Four is my absolute limit and I'd never go over it, but that's just me. I'd be happy with just one happy housebun.(But hope not to have that for a very long time!! Mine better have many years on them yet!! :shock: ;))

I think your a fab bunnuh mummuh, all the trouble you had with the girls and their spays etc you looked after them brilliantly!!

Im the same - no more for me, I have struggled with my 4, now I have finally got them together absolutely NO more to rock the boat!!! saying that I wouldnt want to be without any of them!!

Take no notice hun, only you know whats best for your buns xx

TODAY i have been made to feel the same with a certain someones comment on my thread earlier! Its not nice take no notice and have as many rabbits as you want x x x

ZoeLou -I don't recall seeing negative comments on your thread (was it the one about new babies?) Saw only concerned comments about further pregnancy.

Last edited:
As long as you have compassion, space, time, money and can still look after yourself, how many buns is too many? I too have had bonding and partner issues before, meaning I had ten buns at one point. But all were cared for and the first thing my time or money goes on is my rabbits. Just cos some couldn't cope doesn't mean we're all the same. I've got 7 at the mo but if a possible trio bond doesn't workout it will be 8 again. I would never see my buns living their lives alone, and so would get partners for them regardless of what anyone may say. Like I said if you've got the resources and the right mentality to care for multiple animals, what's the problem. Tell people to stick their opinions- if you want them you'll ask :) x x x

Back