• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thread 3: Sad :( U/D: He's been lying close to her tonight :)

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Biscuit went for Ginger :(

He was in his pen, whilst we let her out for a short while to stretch her legs.

She is so quick, its un-true, really nippy little thing.

She hopped to the bars, went to sniff, and Biscuit growled and lunged at her through the bars :( It was quite an upsetting experience for both OH and me.

From what i've read, its normal, and Biscuit asserting himself in what he beleives is 'his' territory.

Anything to worry about?

He didn't get her, she jumped back, but went forward again to sniff him.

Kris and Sky-O are right - she really does have NO FEAR at all (or balance, or sense, or any kind of ability to stand up without falling over...)

Ta

Last edited:
No no do not worry! This is the exact thing that happened when Charlie first met April! Me and my OH sat there like :shock::shock: after he tried to get to her through the bars. But she sat there completely unfazed which was very funny. It's a little different for us though because Charlie is a gummy bunny so couldn't hurt her anyways. But after around 3 weeks... maybe less.... they were completely unseparable!

In fact I think it's a GOOD thing that this has happened and that Ginger is unfazed. They say that the Doe is usually more dominant, but with Charlie adn April, Charlie is the protectorand not a little push over , and will groom her and lay over her to look after her, but April is the little princess. And they get along so well like that :). It wonderful to see! Be patient :) :)

P.s. I forgot to say that me and my OH were really shocked because Charlie had NEVER acted agressive towards us, even before we had him neutered so his behaviour to April when we first got her was so unexpected!

When I first put George and Fifi together, they didn't get on. There was a good deal of mounting, then irritation at being mounted, resulting in lunging and stamping.

I'm by no means an expert, and I guess you already know this, but I think little and often is the way to go. I like the idea of them having 'dates' - meeting for short, supervised bursts of time on neutral territory.

It will be fine Graham, I'm sure. Don't be sad!

No no do not worry! This is the exact thing that happened when Charlie first met April! Me and my OH sat there like :shock::shock: after he tried to get to her through the bars. But she sat there completely unfazed which was very funny. It's a little different for us though because Charlie is a gummy bunny so couldn't hurt her anyways. But after around 3 weeks... maybe less.... they were completely unseparable!

In fact I think it's a GOOD thing that this has happened and that Ginger is unfazed. They say that the Doe is usually more dominant, but with Charlie adn April, Charlie is the protectorand not a little push over , and will groom her and lay over her to look after her, but April is the little princess. And they get along so well like that :). It wonderful to see! Be patient :) :)

P.s. I forgot to say that me and my OH were really shocked because Charlie had NEVER acted agressive towards us, even before we had him neutered so his behaviour to April when we first got her was so unexpected!

That is EXACTLY what happened. Biscuit's NEVER been aggressive to us, he's a softy, but it was so scary, i've never heard him growl like that before, and lunge, he looked like a lion!

Thanks for the re-assurance, any more, gladly welcome :wave:

Through bars in their territory is entirely different to together in neutral territory so don't worry. Nutmeg would go for the others through the bars but when I did the bonding she was frightened of them.

Its very, very normal. There is an invader in his territory, its natural he will want to protect that.

I haven't yet found Thread 1, but I'm sorry things are stressful. I'm going to hunt for it now.

Its very, very normal. There is an invader in his territory, its natural he will want to protect that.

I haven't yet found Thread 1, but I'm sorry things are stressful. I'm going to hunt for it now.

i agree, when i first got locks, rosie did exactly the same thing, it was different on neutral territory, and then they loved each other :wave:

It is normal behaviour, but personally I would avoid any sort of "meet up" until you're ready to bond.

It is normal behaviour, but personally I would avoid any sort of "meet up" until you're ready to bond.

I forgot to shut the door on his 4x4, so he couldn't get to her :( it was my fault :cry:

Should of thought to check here first, shuoldnt i? :roll:

If you can keep there near to each other so they can see and smell for a while before you start to bond I think that would help. But fighting is normal. Grim wouldn't stop humping Smoo and she kept on biting his ears he had lots of little cuts. :( But he learned and now they're happy.

Don't worry at all, its Biscuits terriotory and has been for a long time so he is going to be territoral.:p

As a peice of mind, when we were bonding my foursome Bell had a bite out of her ear at the beginning (she was absouloutly fine) when they had a big scuffle, everybody going for everybody, however they are now happily bonded and are best of friends so little scuffles like that dosen't mean they will never get on!:D

No experience, but it sounds as if those who do think you don't need to worry too much. Sending vibes for all of you! :wave:

I forgot to shut the door on his 4x4, so he couldn't get to her :( it was my fault :cry:

Should of thought to check here first, shuoldnt i? :roll:

He's obviously keen to meet his new squeeze:lol:

Hope it goes well when you do start:D

He's been much better this evening :)

He's been Free-Range since about 7pmish, and Ginger's been in her pen, he's been running around and binkying all over the place as normal.

He's just been laid against a pen panel, which seperates him from her pen by ~5 inches. She's laid down in the same place, on the other side :love:

It looks quite nice actually :)

:wave: yes mine have done that too, all my first meetings of buns - pairs and groups havent been good!! :roll: You expect love at first sight, licks through the bars - snuggles - but NO buns have a different idea!! Grumpy so an so's!!
Charlie was awful to mittnes through the bars when i first brought mittens home..

Biccie was jsut defending his territory - thats a big issue when bonding...

Could you let them see and smell each other, cages a few inches apart - I know you mentioned you had cardboard between but could you take that out? to get them used to each other - Dont let them touch though!!

awwww :love:

ginger04.jpg

That is very cute and a great result!!! :D:D:D :love::love:

Another word of warning - sorry dont want to go on but please make sure the lids/sheets on the tops of the cages are very secure and the buns cant jump out into each others pens... im sure youve got it sussed but I had this happen to me twice and it was awful Oreo screamed when Charlie ended up in his pen one day - not good!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

You have 2 very beautiful buns!! love that pic! :love:

Scarlett was just like that with Benjamin, now they lie outside each others cages, i will be bonding them in a few days! Im very nervous! :?

Back