• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mine are Netherland Dwarfs....

bugglebun

Alpha Buck
Hello there, it's under the saddest cicumstances that I found this site. I have just burried 'Chewbains', my lovely Netherland Dwarf. Was urgentley looking for diagnostic help, but realised it was too late and took her to the vets.
Didn't get into the pet thing 'till quite late in life when my niece went to Uni, she needed someone to look after her ND, a sickly little black thing! She called him 'Bilbo' but it somehow morphed into 'Ince'.
After he died everyone said -you'll get another. I got TWO!! bonded femails said to out of the same brood. I was astounded at their different personalities. 'MangleWurzel' is very outgoing and 'wants to know' (as I refer to her!). She's a Black Otter.
Chewbains was very laid back but very nervous at the same time. She had beautiful big brown eyes. A Chocolate Otter.
The much smaller Mangle kept mounting Chew (on her face...actually I used to shout 'that's her FACE' and she would promptly get off and try to mount her from behind!)
Two years on I decided to get a neutered male, he's a silvery white with pink eyes and very quick! I've called him 'A guy called Gerald'(dance ref.)
His sub name's 'Anthead-Ratface'...lol (my mum's not too impressed)
They all got on well together.
I love constructing tunnels etc for them and have recently invested in a purpose built shed for thier winter quarters, with run attatched.
So that's about it for now.
cheers

sorry to hear about the little one you lost :(.
They are such funny creatures arnt they :lol:
I love the names you have chosen for them :lol:

Sorry to hear of your loss :(

Once you get a bunny, they have got you... I cant imagine life without bunnies now!! I have four (two pairs). I started off with one!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Back