• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how. .

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
Can you tell when a rabbit is in labour? I was just looking out the window at Rebecca in her Hutch, she was sat staring into space and every ten seconds or so she would kick her back legs.
I walked over to her cage she ran into her bedroom bit and thumped her back legs really hard! She as never been like this with me she normally is really timid.

So you know she is pregnant ?

If so when was she mated up?

Gestation is usually about 32 days.

Is the Buck still with her ? If so he will mate her again immediately after she gives birth and she will kindle yet again when her first litter is still only 4 weeks old

:cry:

About 30 days ago now i separated them because i found out Alix was a boy who we though was a girl lol. They missed each other so i fetched them both in to see each other again i watched them all of a sudden he humped her which lasted about 5 seconds if that.

He did squeal a bit.
She as built several nests and pulled fur out is she showing signs of labour? X
[/LIST

Last edited:
Um, did you not think what would happen if you let a male and female out together...? :? Is he neutered yet? If not get him done ASAP to prtevent any more accidents.

Can I just ask how big the male is in relation to her? If he's significantly bigger her kits will be large too, and she may well need a c-section.

the squeal indicated he had done his job...

so yes i would assume she is pregnant. Labour last about five minuites and consists of teh doe sitting in a nest area with her head under her self. She may mack cooing noises and will be licking babies clean. Dont worry too much if it lookd like she is eating something, it should just be her biting the chord and eating the placenta (panicked me when i saw her do that :lol:)

It sounds to me she is just gettign ready to give birth, and didnt want you near her :lol:
I woudl keep an eye on her, but make sure you dont upset her. If she seems to be having trouble with deliverying you will need to ask a vet.

my rabbit ran about with fur in her mouth makeing a nest the birth was
over in 10 mins very fast it was

Back