• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They're eating the playhouse!!!! U/D Modified!

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
:evil:

Paddy and Peaches have only been living in their new playhouse for a couple of weeks and not only have they chewed all the bits inside that I couldn't cover with plywood, but they've started eating the outside - not the corners though, they've starting eating the Tongue and groove panels in the middle of them! I'm not sure how they've managed to chew those bits as they're flat!

Any ideas as to how I can stop them doing it???

Last edited:
Oh no!! I'm not sure if anything can be done. I know you can get deterrents like bitter lemon sprays but i wouldnt feel comfortable putting it in their home. :?

I tried rubbing lemon on a patch of wallpaper once to try and deter Lucky from chewing. He seems to like lemon :roll:

I hope they get bored of it soon!!

I have used plasterers edging strips made of metal for bits that are corners, and stapled wire mesh over flat bits to stop chewing... its a constant battle :lol:

Plastic or mesh of some descrption on the inside is probably the only answer..... What naughty buns!! Its not that strange though, they like chewing wood, its actually good for their teeth. I would suggest lots of other things for them to chew but they probably have the taste for it now so I would really reccommend fine mesh or perspex. Some buns are so ungrateful!! :roll::lol:

:wave: how are they outside?? are they loving their new house - apart from the nommming :evil:

Liam and Niamh have destroyed their shed as well, they have destroyed the lino and they even managed to start chewing up the mesh i put over the walls, little monster :roll: :roll: Let us know if you find a solution!

Ronnie and Lolly did this when the first had their shed, we had to mesh the outside of the shed :roll: They never touched the inside though which was good :)

Have they settled in ok out there? My flowers that you bought me are still alive!! :D xxx

Ronnie and Lolly did this when the first had their shed, we had to mesh the outside of the shed :roll: They never touched the inside though which was good :)

Have they settled in ok out there? My flowers that you bought me are still alive!! :D xxx

Yeah they love it outside, they run around and binky all over the place :love:

That's good about the flowers :shock: must be a couple of weeks since I gave them you

I went to B&Q today and have now made a slight modification to the playhouse:

9ab6805c.jpg

And this is the damage that they have caused ot the outisde, I'll have to re-paint it next year when it's dry enough to:

590c4fe8.jpg

65e661d2.jpg

Norty buns! :no:

Back