• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice from those with outdoor buns please!

Sayrah82

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone,

The weather this week has been horrible, and I've ended up with a stinking cold - probably from spending more time outside in the cold and wet than is sensible - however, I'm really missing the boys, and feeling guilty, as I'm not able to spend very much time with them.

So just wondering how other people deal with this? My garden is too small for a shed, so I don't really have that as an option. Especially now its getting dark so early too, can I bring them inside in the evenings for a run about the living room and some bunny/mummy time? Our house is never massively warm, as its a rather gappy Victorian terrace, so I don't think the temperature difference would be massive.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received...

S.x

Last edited:
I would say at the moment it would be ok - but when it gets much colder i wouldnt advise bringing them in and out.

For the bunnies in hutch's I use my long hallway, I leave the door wide open with a pen stopping them going outside. I wrap myself in a blanket and sit on the floor whilst they run around and binky like mad. We rarely have the heating on, and I leave the door open for a good 30mins-hour before bringing them in. Always check their ears afterwards too.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

I have had a major tidy up and rearrangement of my lean-to today. It is our general dumping ground, plus has our washing machine in, but I've now made enough space that if I move some of the stuff we keep on the floor onto the counter, I end up with a decent amount of floor space for them to run around in. No worries about temperature changes out there for them as it is basically outside but with a roof - its just me that'll need several layers, but I think it'll solve the problem of never seeing them in daylight in the coming months!

P1020880.jpg

Last edited:
Back