• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

waterproofing your outdoor bunnies

catxx

Mama Doe
let's see yours!

mine, it's not pretty, but it does the job. using a shower curtain there, the blue lid is because I just noticed a small tear in the curtain. The garden fork weighs down the back so it doesn't blow forward in the wind.
5042185085_0713504f79.jpg

anyone got more attractive looking water proofing?

I am just in the middle of making mine with the sewing machine, using tarpaulin and a thinish plastic cover. Will post pics when i get finished. Hope it goes together ok.:D

Last edited:
We use umbrellas over the doors of the play house, and are getting some polycarb panels to put over the aviary. We used to use tarps with the hutches going back a few years, but we used the metal market stall style spring clamps and also special tarpaulin clips with elastic on them to hold it in place. Also bricks to weigh the bottom and front down.

Tarpaulins with metal 'eyes' are great because they can be secured with elasticated bungee hooks.

I also put patio slabs on the top of my hutches because I'm really paranoid about them blowing away! :oops:

At the moment mine is just bin bags :/ cheap yet affective!! then when it gets reli cold i put old certains underneth x

45922_1611798333487_1192116864_1716905_1294581_n.jpg

Back