• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think you worry less about house bunnies?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Also, what's the best way to keep a house bun? Is it best to give them a room of their own to free range in when you're not home and then let them out to run around the house when you're in?

(Just thinking ahead to the day when I can bring my babies in). :p

Well, you definately haven't got the weather or predators to worry about!

Louie has the run of the house when there is someone home or the kitchen, conservatory and hall at night or when no one is in.

It will be a bitter sweet day when they can move in (if they want to), they can't move in until little Chester isn't here:cry:

Lou loves it when the buns are in and in their pens, but scurries off out of the house if they're just in for a romp (oops, I mean groom) on the settee...

I wish I could move mine in, but it's a rented house. And an absolutely tiny 2 up 2 down 1 bed house. And lots of carpet. Bah! Here's the Euromillions coming in aye?

Lou loves it when the buns are in and in their pens, but scurries off out of the house if they're just in for a romp (oops, I mean groom) on the settee...

I just don't know if I could trust Chester with them. He ignores them when he's in the garden and they do the same with him. I just couldn't trust him not to snap if a curious (and they're mighty curious) bunny hopped up to smell him :shock: Not prepared to chance it :?

I reckon I worry less about Mylo as he is an inside bunny, if he was outside i would be worried about him escaping, cats, other predators, etc....

He has a dog pen that he goes in when we arent in the room and then when we r home he runs around the room, sometimes he gets to go upstairs but thats only when one of us is up there to supervise him!

Also, what's the best way to keep a house bun? Is it best to give them a room of their own to free range in when you're not home and then let them out to run around the house when you're in?

(Just thinking ahead to the day when I can bring my babies in). :p

Tut-tut, wishing your bunnies' lives away!

Spenser enjoyed his indoor play, but I can only really do it when the heating is not on as I know abrupt change of temperature is not good for bunnies. Lunging after him when he was heading for the cables gave me a bit of a work-out too. :lol::lol::lol:

I just don't know if I could trust Chester with them. He ignores them when he's in the garden and they do the same with him. I just couldn't trust him not to snap if a curious (and they're mighty curious) bunny hopped up to smell him :shock: Not prepared to chance it :?

Don't blame you - I wouldn't trust Lou unless I was constantly supervising.

This is Coco - he was ace with any small animal.

familyalbum2032.jpg

familyalbum2033.jpg

We've also got pics somewhere of him with a budgie sat on his head.

And Chicken George used to walk underneath him and peck his balls....

Don't blame you - I wouldn't trust Lou unless I was constantly supervising.

This is Coco - he was ace with any small animal.

familyalbum2032.jpg

familyalbum2033.jpg

We've also got pics somewhere of him with a budgie sat on his head.

And Chicken George used to walk underneath him and peck his balls....

:shock::shock::shock:

to me personaly i worry about the same as once indoors you become more aware of any little thing they do, you didnt notice before spesh at night, become more paranoid

to me personaly i worry about the same as once indoors you become more aware of any little thing they do, you didnt notice before spesh at night, become more paranoid

:roll: So basically then y'get a bunny, y'worry for the rest of it's live wether in or out!!! Figures. At least I could worry in the warmth during winter :lol:

Yes, I think that there's that side. I think the positive with that is that we pick up signs of illness really early.
The massive positive is getting to know them better, - deeper relationships, = even more worry when they're poorly.

So yes you can't win unless you have a very healthy bun!

Yes, I think that there's that side. I think the positive with that is that we pick up signs of illness really early.
The massive positive is getting to know them better, - deeper relationships, = even more worry when they're poorly.

So yes you can't win unless you have a very healthy bun!

yep agree, i was able to met frostys needs and frustrations even if it involved moving a litter tray at 4am because she decided she didnt like where it was, and watched her groom a cuddly toy i gave her, then stare at it then throw it and turn her back to it :lol:,I really miss my lil pige :( ( her nickname as her toes pointed in ) you learn so much just from observation

Back