• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

those with house bunnys and bunnys in sheds

DaydreamBunny

Alpha Buck
Spare a thought for those of us who have to tend rabbits in hutches and get soaked several times a day. I cannot wait until I get my walk in Kennel and run.

You have my sympathy .......... This is the exact reason I got OH to make me an aviary with a 'proper' roof on ..... I was sooo sick of getting soaked whilst tending to the bunnies - and I've only had them since May! I was really dreading winter!

Its sooo much easier and quicker when you can do everything without getting psss wet through!

When are you getting your new set up?

You have my sympathy .......... This is the exact reason I got OH to make me an aviary with a 'proper' roof on ..... I was sooo sick of getting soaked whilst tending to the bunnies - and I've only had them since May! I was really dreading winter!

Its sooo much easier and quicker when you can do everything without getting psss wet through!

When are you getting your new set up?

I have just got to get the space cleared and a base for it laid then I can order it, I am hoping it will not be too long.

I have 3 sheds and 2 hutch combos, and I HATE the hutches - they're a pain to clean, if the buns are being akward its a right royal pain to get them if they leg it from level to level or go to the back of the hutch (I must have short arms) and they're useless in this sort of weather as I just get soaked:roll:

Oh I hated the hutch. It was a real pain to clean and when it rained even more so so I feel for you.

So much easier indoors. ;) Even if I am planning on chucking (metaphorically of course) two of them outdoors into a shed/aviary combo next year. :lol: *shush* Don't tell them that.

:lol: I feel for ya.

I have the luxuries of Dawn indoors, then theres the others in the outhouse/shed. But hutch bunnies grrr.... I tend to shoo them into a carry case and let them run around the hallway/bathroom whilst I clean them out and catch a cold.

Yes, houserabbits are such hard work in this weather. Have just changed Louie's littertray and that's us all done and dusted :D:wave:

:D So glad we got our dog chalet. It has been a godsend and we now have a shutter on the front for a night and perspex at the bottom so they can always see out.:D

Three of mine are in a wendy house set up and the other two are indoors, but I know exactly how you feel as I was at Kirkby rescue this morning and came home absoluely soaked to the skin.

Yes, houserabbits are such hard work in this weather. Have just changed Louie's littertray and that's us all done and dusted :D:wave:

I had to go out in the rain for 30 seconds to get some hay in. :p

Aw, we're so mean. :lol:

I had to go out in the rain for 30 seconds to get some hay in. :p

Aw, we're so mean. :lol:

:shock: blimey, 30 seconds?!

Hubby just had to get some mixed leaves out of the garage fridge, does that count as hardship? ;)

I was just thinking today how many bus wont get fed, or botherd with because their hutch is standing out in the rain, while the family is cosy in the house. It only gets worse for those "childs pets" as the weather gets colder and darker:cry:

:shock: blimey, 30 seconds?!

Hubby just had to get some mixed leaves out of the garage fridge, does that count as hardship? ;)

15 seconds to the garage, 15 seconds back. :p

About 2 minutes in between where I get the garage and me covered in hay. :oops:

Back