• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Berol - it was cancer

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Berol, one of the lymington buns, had been fighting for life the past couple of days, but today she lost her fight. We have had it confirmed that her small intestines contained numerous tumours :(:(

Life was so incredibly cruel to her, I would have done anything to make it all better for her and her little ones :cry::cry:

P9090848.jpg

P9180882.jpg

berol.jpg

I made a promise to her last night that we would continue to care for her babies as well as she had cared for them. I am convinced she kept herself going long enough to try to ensure they were old enough to be OK

oh Im am so very sorry - what a beautiful strong wonderful mum she was....binky free Berol! She knows you will care for her little ones....bless her....xxxx

:cry::cry::cry:

Binky free Berol xx

She sounds like she was a wonderful Mum to her little babies :love:

I am astounded that she was able to feed them and bring them up so well. I knew from the start there was something seriously wrong with her besides the pasturella but was praying so hard that it was something we could fix once babies were old enough. Her uterus was fine and healthy, but the cancer had spread right through her small intestines :cry:

Liz

I am so sorry

She was obviously a very brave lady.

I feel saddened to know how many of the Lymington bunnies have already been shown to have cancer of the uterus. I do hope that the ones who haven't go on to full and free lives.

Binky free Berol.

You will be much missed by those who met you since your 'escape' from your breeding life.

Nose rubs for Bic and Biro Liz.

x

I am just now struck by how alike Berol and Precious are, so maybe there were related. They have the same look. We shall be reminded of Berol's lovely face whenever we look at Precious.

I am just now struck by how alike Berol and Precious are, so maybe there were related. They have the same look. We shall be reminded of Berol's lovely face whenever we look at Precious.

Yes I thought that. And also the Mum who went to woodgreen from here was also identical to them :)

I thank whoever is listening, that we got them when we did. Liz, at least Berol knew over a month of true uncondtional loving from you guys.

I am just so grateful that we all did that.

And for the others, I am truly happy that the others should go on to a better life than the one they knew.

I thank whoever is listening, that we got them when we did. Liz, at least Berol knew over a month of true uncondtional loving from you guys.

I am just so grateful that we all did that.

And for the others, I am truly happy that the others should go on to a better life than the one they knew.

I said to the vet today thank goodness she didn't die where she was.

While I am so grateful that she got to know a month of living in a proper home with warmth and good food I still feel gutted that she never got the chance to trust people. She was so terrified :( Because of the babies we hardly handled her except to give her meds and she found it so stressful. I felt last night that she was going to leave us and I was able to give her a cuddle before bed and first thing this morning as she was so weak. I told her how much we loved her and what a wonderful brave bunny she was to look after her babies so well, I hope she understood just a little of it.

Precious is the same, we hadn't handled her until this week because of her pregnancy and she has been frantic when anybody goes near. I've never seen such a nervous rabbit. We've tried to gain her trust but weren't not getting very far at the moment. These two girls then are in complete contrast to the others we have - all will come up to be fussed. Genetic or from the same terrified litter when they were small do you think?

Who knows. What we do know is that Berol is now at total peace and is pain free AND still loved.

Binky free little lady

Precious is the same, we hadn't handled her until this week because of her pregnancy and she has been frantic when anybody goes near. I've never seen such a nervous rabbit. We've tried to gain her trust but weren't not getting very far at the moment. These two girls then are in complete contrast to the others we have - all will come up to be fussed. Genetic or from the same terrified litter when they were small do you think?

Who knows. What we do know is that Berol is now at total peace and is pain free AND still loved.

Binky free little lady

Again, the other mum we had here for those few days was the same. I struggled to pick her up at all, she would throw herself at the side of the cage in blind panic :( Where as Sinbad now loves a little cuddle and Babs is happy to be picked up and taken to her run :)

Oh dear, I am crying. How sad but how lucky she learnt what love was for her last month and found the strength to bring her babies up.

I'm so sad for you all, but as has been said before, I'm also relieved that she managed to keep going long enough to know love & care with you, to be surrounded by much loved bunnies,& to give her kits a good start.

Thank goodness she got to you Liz.

So very sad :cry: Berol had obviously been living with the cancer for many, many months. Thank goodness that she was able to know comfort and love before she passed away.

I am really sorry that she could not be made well again :cry:

Back