• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spiders

mimi g

Warren Scout
My buns have not long been outdoor buns and hopefully this weekend will be moving into their new 8ft shed! :)

Now to some this may sound silly but I am really scared of spiders...
Ive not had the experience yet but I am worried about going into the shed one day and finding cobwebs and spiders hanging around :-(

When I was a child I had a rabbit and one day clearing out its hutch a HUGE spider rang up my arm and scared the life out of me and I think I have been scarred now!

Is there anything I can put in the shed to stop them setting up shop or am I going to have to buy a little handheld hoover and take it out with me everyday as protection.

I know spiders eat flys which is all good...but I dont want to be put off sitting in the shed with my buns because of 100s of pairs of eyes and legs looking at me. LOL x

:lol: Leave the spiders in there:lol: Just dust away the old cobwebs. They will help lessen the threat of flystrike and nodular myxi, and they are kind of cute to:lol:

I used to sit in the bunny sheds when they were first built, but now there are spiders I cant go in there.. I do a quick sweep from the door and chuck things back in quick :lol::lol::lol:

: and they are kind of cute to:lol:

Cute.. are you mad! LOL....

My OH thinks im silly as we have quite afew reptiles so have locusts, mealworms, crickets and dubia roaches in the house and they dont bother me in the slightest I just pick them up. But something about spiders really rattles me, but I dont want to be scared to go in my own shed!!!

Maybe a dustbuster is the only way foward! LOL x

haha, I put my face in a spiders web when I was cleaning the rabbits out! But in all fairness, spiders don't scare me in the slightest.

I would leave the spiders in the bunnies shed though, they are great natural pest control for flies etc :D

I hate spiders too but I amazed myself by actually dealing with a reeeaaally big one that was threatening to frighten my buns!!

You may just surprise yourself as to what you can deal with in order to stop your buns being scared!! :lol:

i also hate spiders - i am always looking above my head especially in the bedrooms to make sure there isn't one around. there is a massive one living in our kitchen though on the floor just under the cupboard it came racing out and scared the heck out of me, gives me the shivers - one of my dogs will eat them if she sees them moving, no matter how big they are!

I hate spiders too but I amazed myself by actually dealing with a reeeaaally big one that was threatening to frighten my buns!!

You may just surprise yourself as to what you can deal with in order to stop your buns being scared!! :lol:

I would have dealt with it in this way.....
Spider meet shoe, Shoe meet spider :)

I honestly believe when you move them they just come right back. I flushed one down the bath plughole last week and it scared the life out of me by appearing in the kitchen sink so I hit it with a pan. Lol...

I hate to think how many are living in the house in dark spaces, and then the fact that we are supposed to swallow on average 10spiders in our life when we sleep. My cat used to catch them and eat them.

I have nightmares of spiders running on my bedsheets. Xx

i have a big spider in my shed its got a big web attached to the rabbit cage and the shed wall
iam growing attached to the thing wouldnt touch it though as its abit scary
it isnt botherd by me or the bunnys

Back