• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny & wood floor

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
Do any of you have buns that are ok on wood laminate floor?

I've just moved into my new house, and although Lewis doesn't slip on the wood floor, he doesn't run very fast on it, or binky :( Will he get used to it? Or should I put down some pet mat/rugs (have a couple down atm where he likes to sit).

:)

My rabbits eventually got used to the laminate, but they still prefer some little mats and rugs, which they use to binky on or have a snooze.

Aww kwl :) I have a couple of the pet matts from Dunelm, they were only £2.50 but quite small. Where did you get yours from? :)

We have laminate and Pepy is just about getting used to it, but prefers our rug!

Mine have both been fine with wood and tiled floor. I have a cheap ikea rug that I put down in one corner for them and then tend to do their binkies on that, nibble the edges and lay on it! LOL

When Pierre escapes my room he begins to venture into the living room on laminate but hes too scared, his feet slide all over the place :lol:
Whenever he tries to go behind the sofa his back legs just slip out from underneath him and you just see a bunny bum and feet lying on the floor :lol:

Aww kwl :) I have a couple of the pet matts from Dunelm, they were only £2.50 but quite small. Where did you get yours from? :)

We have small mats from Aldi, and are using a vet bed as a rug just now. Mr Bubbles and our dog usual both sit on it.

My girls are ok now - they do slip sometimes - more so if they get a fright or try & run - I have a big rag-rug in the lounge which they do their binkies on & adore it and then a runner rug ( like a hall way rug) and it s great for them to use & safe - when they jump it doesnt slip out form under their back legs or move when they land.
The other day Arrabella wanted to go into the lounge - so i opened the door and all i could hear was her going mad jumping all over the place on the rug! Bless her - she needed a run & there wasnt enough space on the runner rug...so wanted the use of the big rug...its about 2 metres by 3.3 metres...

If you get some rugs that dont slip & place them here & there -so visually they look nice for oyur home - the buns will leap & run about form one to the other like they are doing a course! They do feel safer...also read somewhere that slippery floors can harm their back legs as they splay out & is not good for their joints...

:D

Back