• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have your buns ever bitten another bun, if so did turn into a cyst?

Did a rabbit bite on another rabbit turn into a cyst?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • More than half the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than half the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Carrie14

Mama Doe
Tulip and Tiesto managed to get to each other last night. They have bite wounds on them and are going to the vet at 11.20. I have cleaned it with cooled boiled water with salt, as that is all I had to hand that I knew was safe (from searching here.) Cleaned last night and this morning. Not really any blood, I think it is just where the fur was pulled out.

My daughter is not in my good books:cry:

I lost a rabbit in the past from this exact scenario. The cysts spread and stupid old vet lost the battle. Spoke to my rabbit savvy vet recently and he said he would have been able to help her:cry:

Are Tulip and Tiesto going to be OK?:cry:

I voted no as Strawberry was badly bitten by her sister, but miraculously it was the same morning she was going in for a neuter, so it was cleaned and stitched at the vets and she had medication to prevent infection.

they'll be fine! my zeke was bitten by guinea pigs in the pet shop :)censored:) before I got him and he had loads of cysts and absesses, he's now a happy and healthy 10 month old bunbun and you wouldn't know anything had happened! septrin did the trick for him;)

Sounds more like abscesses than cysts TBH

It's rare that a rabbit bite will get that bad as long as you treat with antibiotics as a precaution. Minor wounds can be treated with antiseptic ointment.

Other animal bites (e.g. cat/dog) are much more dangerous though, and can can cause really bad infection and sometimes death.

Sounds more like abscesses than cysts TBH

It's rare that a rabbit bite will get that bad as long as you treat with antibiotics as a precaution. Minor wounds can be treated with antiseptic ointment.

Other animal bites (e.g. cat/dog) are much more dangerous though, and can can cause really bad infection and sometimes death.

I will NEVER learn the difference with abscesses and cysts, numerous vets, doctors, and my mother have told me, as I get "them" when I am bitten by mozzies. Is it one is in the skin and the other is in the muscle?

The reason my bun died from them was because I didn't have a rabbit savvy vet then. To show my ignorance I was trying to get two unentered does to bond, in one of their runs:censored:

Long time ago and now have a fantastic vet.

Back from the vet and they are both on Baytril and F10 cream.

The vet shaved the wounds and they are so much worse than I expected:cry: He said they should be fine though.

I am so fed up, how am I going to bond them now?:(

to be honest, i think once blood has been shed, you can't bond them anyway as there will always be bad feelings between them! :roll: You caught it early, please don't beat youself up over it xxx

Back