• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is The Youngest You Can Get a Doe Spayed?

Most vets seem to say 6 months for a doe, but some vets will do it earlier, as and when they think the bun is ready.

I've got a week off in October, just before she is 6 months. Would be great to get her spayed then, so I can be with her, without worrying about going to work and leaving her. It would be a week before she is 6 months.

That shouldn't be a problem at all. Some vets prefer the buns to be 1 kg or over before spaying. Do you know how much she weighs?

My vet does them from as early as 4 months. Charlee was about 4.5 months when she was fixed.

ETA - the rescue I got Noah from, fixes their buns as early as 12 weeks. It is very early, but part of their policy is that the buns have to be fixed before they are adopted out - and with a large amount of buns needing to come in, they have to get buns fixed and adopted out as quickly as possible. Saying this, Noah came in at 9 weeks but wasn't fixed till 5 months (just before I got him).

Back