PDA

View Full Version : ?? Fighting Bunnies ??

Bitzy
01-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Got home y'day to find chunks of fur in the aviary .... and it looked like Dizzi's!! :shock:

The buns were sat snuggling together and neither of them seemed to be hurt. I kept an eye on them last night and they were behaving normally with each other ....... is this something I should be worried about or do you think it may have just been a bit of a 'spat'?? :?

There wasn't LOADS of fur, like when they've fought but there were 3 or 4 'chunks' of it!

Rascal (boy) is the dominant bun .... could he have just been putting Dizzi (girl) in her place?? :?

Sooo glad its almost weekend so I can keep a close eye on them!!

GrahamL
01-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Got home y'day to find chunks of fur in the aviary .... and it looked like Dizzi's!! :shock:

The buns were sat snuggling together and neither of them seemed to be hurt. I kept an eye on them last night and they were behaving normally with each other ....... is this something I should be worried about or do you think it may have just been a bit of a 'spat'?? :?

There wasn't LOADS of fur, like when they've fought but there were 3 or 4 'chunks' of it!

Rascal (boy) is the dominant bun .... could he have just been putting Dizzi (girl) in her place?? :?

Sooo glad its almost weekend so I can keep a close eye on them!!

i would guess that its Rascal re-asserting his dominance, in a kind of new area, remembering, the bond was in neutral space, then run / aviary was then changed *completely* so could be treated as neutral again i guess, so he's just making sure she knows whos boss perhaps?

I'm no bonding expert though, i'm going by 'read' information from here!

youthnovels
01-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Sometimes Archie will chase Blanche and put her back in her place, causing a few tufts of hair to be pulled. I wouldn't worry too much. Plus if yours are anything like my four, mine are moulting a lot now, so even a tiny pull causes masses of hair to fall out. It's all over the house and they're outdoor bunnies! :roll:

Bitzy
01-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks both, feel a bit happier now ....... will keep a close eye on them over the weekend tho.

They've been acting a little skittish since they moved into their 'new' gaff so may also have something to do with that! Hope they calm down soon.

Thanks again, Jo x