• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

?? Fighting Bunnies ??

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Got home y'day to find chunks of fur in the aviary .... and it looked like Dizzi's!! :shock:

The buns were sat snuggling together and neither of them seemed to be hurt. I kept an eye on them last night and they were behaving normally with each other ....... is this something I should be worried about or do you think it may have just been a bit of a 'spat'?? :?

There wasn't LOADS of fur, like when they've fought but there were 3 or 4 'chunks' of it!

Rascal (boy) is the dominant bun .... could he have just been putting Dizzi (girl) in her place?? :?

Sooo glad its almost weekend so I can keep a close eye on them!!

Got home y'day to find chunks of fur in the aviary .... and it looked like Dizzi's!! :shock:

The buns were sat snuggling together and neither of them seemed to be hurt. I kept an eye on them last night and they were behaving normally with each other ....... is this something I should be worried about or do you think it may have just been a bit of a 'spat'?? :?

There wasn't LOADS of fur, like when they've fought but there were 3 or 4 'chunks' of it!

Rascal (boy) is the dominant bun .... could he have just been putting Dizzi (girl) in her place?? :?

Sooo glad its almost weekend so I can keep a close eye on them!!

i would guess that its Rascal re-asserting his dominance, in a kind of new area, remembering, the bond was in neutral space, then run / aviary was then changed *completely* so could be treated as neutral again i guess, so he's just making sure she knows whos boss perhaps?

I'm no bonding expert though, i'm going by 'read' information from here!

Sometimes Archie will chase Blanche and put her back in her place, causing a few tufts of hair to be pulled. I wouldn't worry too much. Plus if yours are anything like my four, mine are moulting a lot now, so even a tiny pull causes masses of hair to fall out. It's all over the house and they're outdoor bunnies! :roll:

Thanks both, feel a bit happier now ....... will keep a close eye on them over the weekend tho.

They've been acting a little skittish since they moved into their 'new' gaff so may also have something to do with that! Hope they calm down soon.

Thanks again, Jo x

Back